Acceptable wait time for vendor response?

A

Anonymous

Just wondering what you guys think an acceptable wait time for a response from an order for a vendor is? I see alot of them saying payment is expected in a certain time frame usually 48hrs. However as the customer what is a good wait time for a response? I have a big order id like to place which I kind of need quickly, but dont know whether I should move on to a different vendor, or keep waiting on it. I know some vendors think you are an info collector or w.e. if you dont respond with payment within 48 hrs. But Idk how long you wait before you can just say n.m cancel the order?

Nooooo, it says anonymous! ;D

and this is probably a good, and commonly asked question. Sometimes we dont know if email got lost in contact, or the vendor forgot, or what the reason be.

What exactly is your question? Are you saying you placed an order and the vendor hasn't replied to your order? If you placed an order and haven't heard from the vendor within 48hours, then it should be sent again. Vendors don't always receive emails.....

I would check my sent mail file to be sure it went through, if it did just drop the vendor a line to confirm they have your email and order.....if they still don't respond just move on.

Guess who I am!

If the vendor has a REP I suggest you make an attempt to get in contact with the REP. Vendors
stay busy usually. IMO if you have issues contact the REP and see what's going on. ;D

Anonymous said:
If the vendor has a REP I suggest you make an attempt to get in contact with the REP. Vendors
stay busy usually. IMO if you have issues contact the REP and see what's going on. ;D
Anonymous
LOL This is my comment by the way! I just figured out I can check the damn box. 🙂

We seem to be getting more and more complaints about this so I think it is a valid question.

First off, patience is a must on both sides.
If you haven't gotten a vendor response in 48hrs contact the vendor or his Rep via PM (probably rep first - they are able to respond quicker usually) the PM system should help eliminate the possibility of email not going through. DO NOT INCLUDE WEEKENDS IN YOUR 48hr COUNTDOWN.
If you see the vendor or rep online here, shoot an IM over and let them know you sent the order and are making sure they received it.
If all else fails - move on, don't know what else to tell you. It's really not a staff issue, we can't force them to do business with you. However, you can post a review on the process, but be prepared that you took all reasonable steps to contact the vendor first.

RockShawn said:
We seem to be getting more and more complaints about this so I think it is a valid question.

First off, patience is a must on both sides.
If you haven't gotten a vendor response in 48hrs contact the vendor or his Rep via PM (probably rep first - they are able to respond quicker usually) the PM system should help eliminate the possibility of email not going through. DO NOT INCLUDE WEEKENDS IN YOUR 48hr COUNTDOWN.
If you see the vendor or rep online here, shoot an IM over and let them know you sent the order and are making sure they received it.
If all else fails - move on, don't know what else to tell you. It's really not a staff issue, we can't force them to do business with you. However, you can post a review on the process, but be prepared that you took all reasonable steps to contact the vendor first.
RockShawn
Sounds good. I know how anxious people can get waiting for their stuff, but you have to give it time. These guys do have more than 1 customer, other jobs, and lives outside this world

Yes I do think the question is a valid one however I would like to reinforce that in my time in EG there has only been one scammer..... Our staff goes after problems with both barrels loaded when they arise. I would just like to throw out there that the vendors we have now are all great with communication and delivery. You're not ordering tools from Amazon.com. This is illegal. Give the guys a lil time and space and they'll make it happen.......

I checked not anonymous as Im not afraid to say this. I mean it. We have great vendors. Mistakes happen. Give these guys a chance to correct things and they will.... Patience

lith56bigguy said:
Yes I do think the question is a valid one however I would like to reinforce that in my time in EG there has only been one scammer..... Our staff goes after problems with both barrels loaded when they arise. I would just like to throw out there that the vendors we have now are all great with communication and delivery. You're not ordering tools from Amazon.com. This is illegal. Give the guys a lil time and space and they'll make it happen.......

I checked not anonymous as Im not afraid to say this. I mean it. We have great vendors. Mistakes happen. Give these guys a chance to correct things and they will.... Patience
lith56bigguy

best post you ever made in your life! LOL

We all get excited as hell to get our stuff. Things do take time sometimes. Lets all just be glad that we don't have to go to Rocco at the Gym with his overpriced wesson oil anymore!

72 hours depending on the day you submit it, don't expect a Saturday/Sunday response. I know the vendors ive dealt with here have always replied in that amount of time or sooner

Anonymous said:
72 hours depending on the day you submit it, don't expect a Saturday/Sunday response. I know the vendors ive dealt with here have always replied in that amount of time or sooner
AnonymousHELL NO. Were talking the time to send you info on how or where to send funds or the simple fact that an order was received, not shipping time. 6 day to tag someone back who placed an order. BS. Better not be any of that shit around here without a damn good reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.