millenium girl

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I bought a treadmill a few months ago and do quite a lot of cardio. My Achilles is sore and swollen. Just wondering if stretching will help ... I asked the physio to do shockwave therapy, it hurts like hell ....

i've had achilles issues... from excess running and jumping... only thing that helped was rest..

i know that's not what you want to hear... but maybe find another for of cardio for a while...swimming...rowing?

I could do elliptical or brisk walk instead of running .... I do cardio to burn those carbs that I crave all the time.

do you keep up with mobility work? stretching ain't glamorous but for me it helps keep all my aches and pains at bay.

I don't know Krustus. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I had my running analyzed and the guy said that I'm not an overpronator, I'm neutral and I bought the shoes that he recommended ...

Kingofclowns -- not easy to stretch the Achilles ...

I don't know Krustus. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I had my running analyzed and the guy said that I'm not an overpronator, I'm neutral and I bought the shoes that he recommended ...

Kingofclowns -- not easy to stretch the Achilles ...
millenium girldo something like 3 sets of calf raises then stand on some kind of raised platform, even like a sidewalk curb where you can hold onto something for stability (i use the dip station), put only the balls of your feet on the platform and your heels in the air off the back and lean your weight into your heels carefully. hold it for 30 secs to 60 secs. do it for three sets. i have fucked up feet and that's what the foot doc said to do for tightness there.

I don't know Krustus. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

all i was doing wrong was too much running and jumping for my age and size... over use injury was my issue.. not sure about your situation.

but rest fixed mine after a long while..lol... i'm back to doing a little cardio .. some plyos and sprinting... i just don't over do it anymore

depending on what exactly is wrong... stretching didn't help me... nothing did ... but rest..

i think stretching and other preventative measures would help prior to having the situation... but once you have an injury and inflammation you gotta take some time to heal..imho

depending on what exactly is wrong... stretching didn't help me... nothing did ... but rest..

i think stretching and other preventative measures would help prior to having the situation... but once you have an injury and inflammation you gotta take some time to heal..imho
krustusyea there is definitely a line that once you cross it, time for some straight up rest.

I will take a break (Sat-Thursday) and see how it works. I have another shockwave therapy session later this week.

I will take a break (Sat-Thursday)

if it heals in that time... wasn't much wrong with it... over use injuries can really take time to heal... good luck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.