Iron-Game

Proformance Labs Rep
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
IGF-1: Your key to Muscle Cell Hyperplasia

By George Spellwin

IGF-1 stands for insulin-like growth factor, it’s a research polypeptide hormone that is similar in structure to insulin and has tremendous anabolic effects in adults. IGF-1 is naturally found in the body and peaks during adolescence. And reports from athletes on the forums suggest that injecting this compound can be very beneficial towards increasing muscle mass rapidly, promoting fat loss, increasing vascularity and helping to shuttle nutrients into the muscles. IGF occurs naturally in animals and humans.

* What makes IGF so popular?

Perhaps the most interesting and potent effect IGF has on the human body is its ability to cause hyperplasia, which is an actual splitting of cells. Hypertrophy is what occurs during weight training and steroid use, it is simply an increase in the size of muscle cells. After puberty you have a set number of muscle cells, and all you are able to do is increase the size of these muscle cells, you don't actually gain more. But, with IGF you are able to cause this hyperplasia which actually increases the number of muscle cells present in the tissue. So in a way IGF can actually change your genetic capabilities in terms of muscle tissue and cell count.

* Can IGF help burn fat too? How?

When IGF is active it behaves differently in various types of tissues. In muscle cells, protein and associated cell components are stimulated. Protein synthesis is increased along with amino acid absorption. As a source of energy, IGF mobilizes fat for use as energy in adipose tissue. In lean tissue, IGF prevents insulin from transporting glucose across cell membranes. As a result the cells have to switch to burning off fat as a source of energy, this is why users say they experience not only muscle gains but also fat loss!

* Why stack insulin with IGF?

Many who experiment with insulin by itself notice significant undesirable fat gains - defeating the ultimate goal of adding and maintaining muscle.

Well, IGF also mimic's insulin in the human body. It makes your muscles more sensitive to insulin's effects, so, if you are an athlete who currently uses insulin you can lower your dosage by a decent margin to achieve the same beneficial anabolic effects, and as mentioned IGF will keep the insulin from making you fat. They work well together although its not necessary to use both. Of note, insulin can be deadly if used improperly. You must know exactly what you are doing or else don't experiment.

* There are 2 versions of IGF-1 available, IGF-1 DES and IGF-1 LR3... What is the difference?

IGF-1 LR3 = longer half life, acts more like insulin.

IGF-1 DES = shorter half life and more likely to work locally in terms of satellite cells and muscle growth and less chance of hitting the intestines own receptors for IGF.

* How long to run a cycle of IGF? Dosage?

Athletes report on the forums that a standard cycle is 6 weeks on and 3-4 weeks off. Dosages can vary from 20mcg per day up to over 100mcg a day. It is best to use in the morning and/or after a workout.

Have you seen any studies that definitively show igf causes hyperplasia? I have heard about it causing hyperplasia, but haven't seen any proof. If you do I would like to look at the studies if you remember where you saw them. From everything I have read hypertrophy is the only feasible way to grow.

Have you seen any studies that definitively show igf causes hyperplasia? I have heard about it causing hyperplasia, but haven't seen any proof. If you do I would like to look at the studies if you remember where you saw them. From everything I have read hypertrophy is the only feasible way to grow.
jstoneGood question, I will find a few of the studies.

Good question, I will find a few of the studies.
Iron-Game
Thanks I havent been able to find much. If it's possible to cause hyperplasia I will definitely use some igf. The main reason I never have is that your intestines have lots of igf receptors, and I worry about getting a huge gut.

Thanks I havent been able to find much. If it's possible to cause hyperplasia I will definitely use some igf. The main reason I never have is that your intestines have lots of igf receptors, and I worry about getting a huge gut.
jstoneThis is a common concern. The intestines are riddled with IGF receptors..... However, the half life of Igf -des is incredibly short, so timing things properly have very little impact on those specific receptor sites. Now, if you add insulin to the mix, or switch to the longer life IGF-lr3 then that is a very legitimate concern.

I have an article written by a European bodybuilder explaining alotof this and different way of using all of these products, I will see if I can dig it up. I can't remember if he used HGH every day or alternating days from IGF1LR3 but he explains his reason behind his way of use. Mr. B is right, no use in taking it if the trauma is not there to repair, and I like your answer about the des, all makes since brother.

Last edited:
I have an article written by a European bodybuilder explaining alotof this and different way of using all of these products, I will see if I can dig it up. I can't remember if he used HGH every day or alternating days from IGF1LR3 but he explains his reason behind his way of use. Mr. B is right, no use in taking it if the trauma is not there to repair, and I like your answer about the des, all makes since brother.
Thor
It would be great if you do find it. From everything I have read is that hyperplasia doesn't exist past a certain point in human development. Once you are fully developed you will always have the same amount of muscle fibers. Some fibers are active and some are dormant, and the only way to increase size is through hypertrophy.

If there is a proven way to induce hyperplasia it would be a game changer. If it is possible, its probably a combo of slin, igf, hgh, and anabolics in large doses for extended periods of time.

I have been busy but will look through all my articles from the past I am sure I have it somewhere. Everyone shrinks back to a certain point, maybe where they maxed their muscle gains at naturally. I know my arms never go below the point where I was naturally before I started gear or if they do (hasn't happened yet), it will take a very very long lay off as in a few years or more. The body will get rid of what ever it doesn't need when a bodybuilder gets injured for long periods of time and they have to come off the gear, (Coleman, Levrone, Yates) are examples but there are others. The body will work to keep homeostasis and we as weight lifters and bodybuilders are fighting the set balance point. The body is truely an amazing machine built to adapt.

I have been busy but will look through all my articles from the past I am sure I have it somewhere. Everyone shrinks back to a certain point, maybe where they maxed their muscle gains at naturally. I know my arms never go below the point where I was naturally before I started gear or if they do (hasn't happened yet), it will take a very very long lay off as in a few years or more. The body will get rid of what ever it doesn't need when a bodybuilder gets injured for long periods of time and they have to come off the gear, (Coleman, Levrone, Yates) are examples but there are others. The body will work to keep homeostasis and we as weight lifters and bodybuilders are fighting the set balance point. The body is truely an amazing machine built to adapt.
Thor
I was in a bad accident and had some minor TBI, which caused me to lose everything I had gained. The injury had a big effect on my whole body, I even lost strength to the point of needing to bench 20 pounds when I started back. I have had injuries, but never anything that affected me so greatly. When I can get in the gym regularly (which is hard working 12 hour shifts with mandatory ot) the strength starts to come back quick. The body is truly amazing. It's amazing how resilient, and fragile at the same time.

I have had back surgery, and plenty of injuries when your brain takes a beating it affects everything in ways I never could've imagined.

I was in a bad accident and had some minor TBI, which caused me to lose everything I had gained. The injury had a big effect on my whole body, I even lost strength to the point of needing to bench 20 pounds when I started back. I have had injuries, but never anything that affected me so greatly. When I can get in the gym regularly (which is hard working 12 hour shifts with mandatory ot) the strength starts to come back quick. The body is truly amazing. It's amazing how resilient, and fragile at the same time.

I have had back surgery, and plenty of injuries when your brain takes a beating it affects everything in ways I never could've imagined.
jstoneI am sorry to hear that brother but you are so right about everything you said and I am glad you are ok! I was in the same kind of work situation where you are just so damn tired at the end of the day and no extra time left accept for family so that is where we spend our time with the ones we love. It makes it almost impossible to wokout accept on weekends. Congrats on making a comback, weightlifters have a special drive, brothers like on this board not your common person that goes and sits on the equiptment while they hold a conversation and we will always have that inside to want to push ourselves back to where we were. We may fall short if we have been seriously injured but we push with heart, soul and body to try and regain who we were!!

Last edited:
View previous replies…
I am sorry to hear that brother but you are so right about everything you said and I am glad you are ok! I was in the same kind of work situation where you are just so damn tired at the end of the day and no extra time left accept for family so that is where we spenour time with the ones we love. It makes it almost impossible to wokout accept on weekends. Congrats on making a comback, weightlifters have a special drive, brothers like on this board not your common person that goes and sits on the equiptment while they hold a conversation and we will always have that inside to want to push ourselves back to where we were. We may fall short if we have been seriously injured but we push with heart, soul and body to try and regain who we were!!
Thor
Im.going to start going before work which means being up at 245 am to hit the gym before work. I feel like shit being out of shape. I hope everything with your injury heals up properly. Once exercise in any form becomes a lifestyle you never feel.right without it.

Im.going to start going before work which means being up at 245 am to hit the gym before work. I feel like shit being out of shape. I hope everything with your injury heals up properly. Once exercise in any form becomes a lifestyle you never feel.right without it.
jstoneThanks brother, yea it's hard to watch all that hard work just waste away but it comes back faster. hoping the arm looks almost normal after it heals, I am not going to let up until they fix it correctly. Thanks again. I used to do the 2 am workout and once you get used to it then you feel pretty good starting your day, mine kind of crashed because they didn't make out a schedule, they would call you in to work when it was bus or they needed you and give you a 2 hour notice. So if it was busy and they neede me at 3 am they would call me at 1 am, that is one reason I no longer work there, I pushed the rules on them and the rule book said you were suppose to tell the employee the day before what time you would need them the next morning and well, they did start following the rule book but when no one else stands behind you the management can make your days hell. Just a bunch of money hungry cowards working there!!

Thanks brother, yea it's hard to watch all that hard work just waste away but it comes back faster. hoping the arm looks almost normal after it heals, I am not going to let up until they fix it correctly. Thanks again. I used to do the 2 am workout and once you get used to it then you feel pretty good starting your day, mine kind of crashed because they didn't make out a schedule, they would call you in to work when it was bus or they needed you and give you a 2 hour notice. So if it was busy and they neede me at 3 am they would call me at 1 am, that is one reason I no longer work there, I pushed the rules on them and the rule book said you were suppose to tell the employee the day before what time you would need them the next morning and well, they did start following the rule book but when no one else stands behind you the management can make your days hell. Just a bunch of money hungry cowards working there!!
Thor
Working in places with thousands of employees can be shitty. The only reason I'm with this company is the benefits, and I know my overtime days a week in advance. Most of the time I get to pick the days as well. With the company I work for I should be able to retire with a couple million in stock. This week and next I'm working 72 hours per week. I'm waiting on a few orders, and I need to be a member at the gym for like 30 days before the 24 hour part is activated. Your right about it coming back quickly, it's easier to gain muscle you once had, then muscle you never had. So it should be pretty easy to get back to around 200, just not sure about past that.

Make sure you really force them to take care of your arm, because they will try to get away with doing as little as possible. Make sure they know you want as close to pre accident shape as possible.

Thanks brother, It is great to hear about your retirement, we all have to wait to long to start really enjoying things.
My wife knows the charge Nurse over the OR at ST. Francis and she has been checking out the pictures of my arm and she isn't reall pleased with the way my lower arm looks but she said give it a few weeks and see how much it fills in on it's own.
I see the plastics Dr. again Monday and am going to have another talk with him about the arm, may have to find another as my Lawyer is in the process of finding me another Ortho. Dr. I appreciate you brother, hope things come together with the gym and your hours so you can get at it hard again!!

I think I found the article but I want to read through it and see this guys reasoning behind what he is doing before I post it. It seems as though at a glance that he uses GH and IGF1lr3 on different days so they don't interfere with each other but there is more to it and I will reread it since it has been years since I packed it away. Give me a little time as I am busy with a few things and I will put the basics of his ideas up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.