Anyone deadlift with lightweight regularly?

ajdonutz

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
So last summer I blew my back out pretty bad, and just within the past Couple months have been trying ti dead lift heavy and get my dead max back up, however every time I start going up in weight I tweak something and feel crappy for days or lose strength by the next week.. so im considering swallowing pride and just dead lifting higher reps and not going higher than 315 for reps. Do any other of you experienced guys do this? I'm mostly curious if you see benefit from light weight Deads and refraining from going heavy, or if I should find another movement to do my best to supplement for Deads.. thanks in advance for any replies.

I do light rack pulls and deads, I'm rehabbing myself.

Hanzo said:
I do, but that's just because I'm weak. lol.
Hanzonothing wrong with light imo.
better then risking an injury 😉

I do the 5/3/1 method. That way you are only increasing the weight by small percentages each week. You can modify the concept so that you're doing a lighter percentage for more reps, Should work out fine

I have had to many hernias to go heavy any more. 225 is about all I do these days on deads and I get plenty out of 4 sets of 15-20

Personally I seem to get better lower body workouts with higher reps and lighter weights. I know its a cardinal sin, but I haven't done full deads in a long time. Going heavy in squats kills my knees, so staying lighter and raising the reps I get crazy sore. Im just trying to relate my squat situation to your deadlift situation. I'm actually doing a massive volume type lifting now and seeing some major gains from it.

appreciate the replies guys. yeah rock, my back and knees kept me from heavy squats for a while, but i can do heavier squats with a belt now. they dont increase at a very fast rate, but i can go heavy. deads on the other hand always hurt or tweak something, so i think i will use a volume method on them from now on.

ajordana said:
appreciate the replies guys. yeah rock, my back and knees kept me from heavy squats for a while, but i can do heavier squats with a belt now. they dont increase at a very fast rate, but i can go heavy. deads on the other hand always hurt or tweak something, so i think i will use a volume method on them from now on.
ajordana
You need mobilitywod.

Yes.to anwser your question. AJ is your goal to be a heavy /powerlifter or a BB? You don't need tons of heavy weight to build muscles even deadlifts. For myself I'm a moderate heavy lifter now a days and concentrate on the mind muscle connection. This has given me really nice results and saved my joints from tons of abuse this may not be everybody's cup of tea but it works for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.