Anyone else in here a little older like me that deals with severe elbow pain benching?

lith56bigguy

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I've just come to the conclusion that I have to wrap hard and I take an anti imflammatory thathas been prescribed called mobic/meloxicam. As I've become older and after many years of throwing some heavier weights around, my elbow pain has definitely increased regardless of what exercises or frequency I do.

I know my friend Tsize will have some smart ass remark on this one however I still like to share my experiences lol

inside or outside elbow pain, i suffered from the golfers elbow on the inside for years, one day it made a horrible snap noise and felt better after that... scar tissue build up in the area but Mobics the safest 15 mg max per day

I have it in left elbow, on inside. I stopped benching years ago. Mostly to save my shoulders. But benching does bother my elbow.

Fuck my elbows. I’ve torn bicep that’s been repaired and it hurts inside. The outside hurts like a son of a butch as well. I use my knee wraps when I bench. Actually just about every lift. It sucks but I’ve no choice right now other than another surgery.

Fuck my elbows. I’ve torn bicep that’s been repaired and it hurts inside. The outside hurts like a son of a butch as well. I use my knee wraps when I bench. Actually just about every lift. It sucks but I’ve no choice right now other than another surgery.
Walkertwo torn biceps here as well. Stupidity on my part

I'm older than most of you and have so many aches and pains and lingering injuries that I cannot go heavy anymore. Use wraps or good elbow sleeves and ice your elbow after every workout. Take ibuprofen/Motrin too. And do shockwave therapy sessions when the pain is really bad.

If your using anti inflammatory medications regularly you should try some CBD. CBD is a great anti inflammatory, and its doesn't get you high at all if your against that sort of thing. Straight CBD works great, but full spectrum products are even better.

Mark bell also has a product for elbow pain I forgot the name of it, but its on his website. I used to have the same problem, and it was so bad I had to use straps to hold any amount of weight to limit the pain.

If your using anti inflammatory medications regularly you should try some CBD. CBD is a great anti inflammatory, and its doesn't get you high at all if your against that sort of thing. Straight CBD works great, but full spectrum products are even better.

Mark bell also has a product for elbow pain I forgot the name of it, but its on his website. I used to have the same problem, and it was so bad I had to use straps to hold any amount of weight to limit the pain.
jstoneI have a buddy I used to work with messed up his shoulder and spine to the point he could not do his job anymore. He tells me the CBD oil has helped him more then just about anything, also to sleep better. I have been thinking of using it for my insomnia. My wife uses meloxicam for TMJ but she also has flexoril for the really bad days. I may try her on the CBD oil also. can't hurt.

Last edited:
I have a buddy I used to work with messed up his shoulder and spine to the point he could not do his job anymore. He tells me the CBD oil has helped him more then just about anything, also to sleep better. I have been thinking of using it for my insomnia. My wife uses meloxicam for TMJ but she also has flexoril for the really bad days. I may try her on the CBD oil also. can't hurt.
Thor
CBD is great for sleep along with a lot of other things. One of the biggest benefits is the anti inflammatory part of it. If you or anybody is interested and doesn't live in a state with recreational marijuana let me know, and I will refer you to a good site for products.

i've been thinking about getting some cbd oil. i've got all sorts of joint and inflammation issues lately.

Newest thing I tried lately was 2 tablespoons daily apple cider vinegar Eased up inflammation markedly. I was surprised. Also got a topical from the doc Diclofenac Sodium topical gel. Only use when it is extreme.

Newest thing I tried lately was 2 tablespoons daily apple cider vinegar Eased up inflammation markedly. I was surprised. Also got a topical from the doc Diclofenac Sodium topical gel. Only use when it is extreme.
Supernaut

Voltaren gel works great for that, it's hard to come by, but I think Mecca might have it.

Pretty sure that gel I got is generic voltaren. I did see it avail here I thought one of our overseas sponsors. I found you can put lidocaine gel on with it for really tough pain.

I've just come to the conclusion that I have to wrap hard and I take an anti imflammatory thathas been prescribed called mobic/meloxicam. As I've become older and after many years of throwing some heavier weights around, my elbow pain has definitely increased regardless of what exercises or frequency I do.

I know my friend Tsize will have some smart ass remark on this one however I still like to share my experiences lol
lith56bigguyWell I am an old timer 62 yrs old and still train my ass off. My elbows have osteo arthritis and I cannot fully bend or straighten my arm but I still do presses with lighter weights. I prefatigue the muscles before pressing. I am in pain but no excuses.

Well I am an old timer 62 yrs old and still train my ass off. My elbows have osteo arthritis and I cannot fully bend or straighten my arm but I still do presses with lighter weights. I prefatigue the muscles before pressing. I am in pain but no excuses.
Thick1You've forgotten more tricks and techniques then most of us have yet to discover!! Keep on keeping on Thick1!

Well I am an old timer 62 yrs old and still train my ass off. My elbows have osteo arthritis and I cannot fully bend or straighten my arm but I still do presses with lighter weights. I prefatigue the muscles before pressing. I am in pain but no excuses.
Thick1
If your not against it try some CBD, it has no psycho active properties, and it helps greatly with inflamation. You can get it in many forms gummies, tinctures, creams that you apply to the affected area. If your interested post here or PM me and I will give you some companies that make great products.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back