Anyone familiar with cars? Help.

Daredevil

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
Considering buying a certified pre owned 2016 Audi A4. Anyone have any knowledge about Audis?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

I believe all certified pre owned Audis come with 6 year 100K mile warranty.

After test driving a few I don't like them anymore. Mercedes, volvo, Subaru were the best cars I drove when looking for a fuel effecient car. My Ram 1500 isn't an everyday vehicle when it comes to gas consumption.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Friends have audis they love them

I own 2012 gmc Sierra z71 4wd fully loaded I'm keeping til the wheels fall off then will replace. Gets 20mpg avg. And it's 4wd for when I go hunting.

Wife has paid off 2015 ford explorer sport package. Fully loaded. Thing is clean and gets amazing fuel mileage too.

I have worked in car repair most of my life now. Audis are decent cars. They are very pricey to repair and are high maintenance. If you take care of it the way it should be they can be a dependable car however, there are better options out there. If you have your heart set on it I would plan on driving it only a couple of years and then letting go of it. It is not the type of car you want to keep for the long haul.

I would plan on driving it only a couple of years and then letting go of it. It is not the type of car you want to keep for the long haul.
[/quote]

Yes, very true ..about the time the car is paid off is about the time to dump them

tkasch30 said:
There's very little difference really. Practically the same car
tkasch30
Audi for the most part and especially as of late has better engine options. VW has always been shit and still is. That being said, when they start to go or you run into problems, you are fucked on both of them.

Most a4 have that 2.0 piece of junk that is used in the vws. Wouldn't recommend. We see constant problems with them

I have a 2.5 in mine. It's a very complicated engine they did some good things like moving the timing chain to the back of the engine closer to the firewall to get rid of engine vibration exedra. It drives real good real quiet on the road and it built good as far construction of the cabin is concerned don't know much about the engine other than I sure as hell would hate to have to work on it Volkswagen owns and makes Audi like Toyota makes Lexus and so on and so on you can get a brand new Toyota Camry SE for 22,500 out the door tax tag title and you know it'll run for a very long time on the other hand my Chevy truck hasn't given me any problems other than a water pump and it has 190,000 miles on it. Water pump cost $48 bucks Audi water pump forget about it.

owned 2 audis a A6 and an A4, both are awesome till the warranty expires, then they're expensive as hell to maintain, the A4 we traded before the warrenty expired since it had a broken wire under the floor and needed a special guy to fly in and completely disassemble the car to fix it. still think they're beautiful cars, but id only recommend them to someone who was not planning on keeping the car long term

Daredevil said:
What about a Lexus? Looking for a luxury small sedan. Certified pre owned.
Daredevil
Probably the safest buy of all luxury cars. I have a 2005 es300 and it still runs like new. Time for an upgrade soon. Been eyeing the gs350 2015-2016 models. Probably wait until the new year to purchase.

[quote author=sityslicker1 link=topic=9752.msg123431#m
2005 es300
[/quo

That's one of,the most solid cars around. Can go 200-300,000 miles any day with hardly any,problems. Don't let that one go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.