Andrew0409

Pumped
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
VIP Member
Mutated
Board Donator
EG Cash
I'm not a traditional bodybuilder and I see that they are actually getting a lot of conditioning in doing it. I incorporate bodybuilding training , combat training and obviously sparing and technical pad work. But I'm always looking to gain an edge in conditioning and functional muscle for athletic purposes. I do however have a LCL tear on my left knee and bad tendinitis on right knee. Some of the movements also makes me cringe as a baseball pitcher putting a lot of pressure on your elbow and shoulder joints and ligaments. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did crossfit/combat conditioning a couple of years. Stopped due to lingering injuries.

I do not do crossfit, i posted an aricle months ago about the danger of doing crossfit on another board. I would encourage you to look into "crossfit and rhabdomyolysis" this is a serious health condition that is occuring in people who do crossfit.

Crossfit is a big no go here. I feel bad for all those old ladies running around pushing tires...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow! I'm just a little surprised by some of these responses.

While I'm not a cross fitter, I have Incorporated some of the techniques and moves from cross fit. I've found some of it to be quite useful. I've also found that every training style has some minute aspect of usefulness. I don't go around flipping tires, and I sure as hell don't flop around like a fish on the pull up bars. But, I've busted PR's in the deadlift, squat, and Military press by adding some CrossFit style training in my routines. Now, I should preface these statements with the disclaimer, I generally only Incorporated the Olympic moves in CrossFit style.

CrossFit is a great tool for building strength in the Olympic moves and building endurance. The down side is, the huge amount of serious injuries, mainly from piss pour trainers and training. And the serious illness "rhabdomyolysis" (as mentioned above by Bama). It's a killer! But, if you take away the stupid people doing stupid shit, there are some positive aspects that can be taken away from CrossFit, and implemented into any strength training routine.

proper crossfit and the crossfit we see at local camps are totally different. with proper form and common sense you can get good results. but any time you train to beat a time, technique can go out the window and thats how people get hurt.

proper crossfit and the crossfit we see at local camps are totally different. with proper form and common sense you can get good results. but any time you train to beat a time, technique can go out the window and thats how people get hurt.
Youngtricep98And that's what makes CrossFit detrimental! Take away the stupidity, and it's completely viable.

I look at crossfit as a possible tool for strength and conditioning. For me, I don't need to being 400lbs and have huge shoulders. I need endurance and explode strength that's functional and not big bulky muscles for show.

I would never want to do only cross fit but it doesn't seem to hurt to get conditioning in other ways. I did a only body weight workout without using whatever was in my hotel room on vacation and let me tell you I'm sore as fuck in muscles that I didn't even know I hate. We get too used to just racking up weights for our pride vs doing things that will help us on the long run.

Only if I want my arms to be pulled out of their sockets by doin one of those pull ups, then I will try cross fit . Until then , I'm good 😉

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.