anyone try sous vide cooking method.... my god it's good for meats

krustus

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
i just bought the anova culinary sous vide cooking device.... you cook steaks or chicken, or anything really...in a bath of water.

the meat is either vacuum sealed in a plastic back or using water displacement method a ziplock bag... so the meat never touches the water. the water just brings it to temperature.... set it to cook a steak in a water bath @ 130 or 135 degrees...go work out , run errands etc... when you get back your steak will be cook to perfect medium rare or whatever temp you set. impossible to overcook... can cook for 4 plus hours and change the texture of the meat but will still be medium rare or whatever temp you set it for.

you take it out of the bags pat them dry and give a quick sear in a skillet and you are good to go... best steaks ever.

all i season with is salt and pepper ...but there are lots of recipes.

you can actually eat it right out of the bag without the sear...but it doesn't look like a steak should look yet..lol

really makes cooking to perfection easy and hassle free... i'll start the machine up with my phone before i leave work... drop some meat in foodsaver vacuum bags ...then drop them in the cooker. go to my boys bball game or workout, etc... then come back in an hour or 2 and sear and eat...so easy and so good!!!

would love one but those things are fucking pricey.. Looks like I will have to stick to the ol George Foreman.

the anova is $179 or probably less in a lot of places... as much meat as i cook it is worth it for the meat to be awesome

pretty cool concept. just got a new crookpot so I got to get some use out of first before branching out, but good to know this exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.