Back Fat

GetnBig

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
I have a question and hoping some of my competing brethren can help me out here. During show season I have no problem getting cut up for a show but when it comes to the off season I tend to deposit most of my fat into my lower back. This really annoys me for some reason and would like to keep it to a minimum of course. I am aware that gaining some fat is normal and have no issues with that especially since I am working to get to 235 this go around. Currently I am about 20lbs away from my goal and still have great vascularity in my arms, legs, chest and shoulders as well as my upper back. But my lower back has some excess fat imo as do my lower glutes. This may well be just how I am genetically made up and will just have to get over it but Im putting it out there anyway.

What do you all recommend to help keep it to a minimum. Yes my macros are dialed in, I dont eat crap when bulking. I will answer any questions you might have to help in the recommendations. Current macros are below. Also, I am not doing cardio at the moment and when I do cardio I drop weight even if I increase P & C.

350g P
450g C
85g F

GetnBig said:
I have a question and hoping some of my competing brethren can help me out here. During show season I have no problem getting cut up for a show but when it comes to the off season I tend to deposit most of my fat into my lower back. This really annoys me for some reason and would like to keep it to a minimum of course. I am aware that gaining some fat is normal and have no issues with that especially since I am working to get to 235 this go around. Currently I am about 20lbs away from my goal and still have great vascularity in my arms, legs, chest and shoulders as well as my upper back. But my lower back has some excess fat imo as do my lower glutes. This may well be just how I am genetically made up and will just have to get over it but Im putting it out there anyway.

What do you all recommend to help keep it to a minimum. Yes my macros are dialed in, I dont eat crap when bulking. I will answer any questions you might have to help in the recommendations. Current macros are below. Also, I am not doing cardio at the moment and when I do cardio I drop weight even if I increase P & C.

350g P
450g C
85g F
GetnBigIts insulin sensitivity. Plain and simple. Its part of your bio signature. Look at not only the amount of carbs eaten during comp prep but also what types. You said you eat clean so thats good. Some people, especially as you get older lose their ability to process larger amounts of carbs.. This could be a culprit. But there are many signs like this that I look qt when someone tells me this. Thats why wh3n I work with someone we take their off season maceos and decrease them slowly over time vs coming up with a whole new diet.

homegrown said:
Its insulin sensitivity. Plain and simple. Its part of your bio signature. Look at not only the amount of carbs eaten during comp prep but also what types. You said you eat clean so thats good. Some people, especially as you get older lose their ability to process larger amounts of carbs.. This could be a culprit. But there are many signs like this that I look qt when someone tells me this. Thats why wh3n I work with someone we take their off season maceos and decrease them slowly over time vs coming up with a whole new diet.
homegrown
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Kinda what I thought too not to mention closing the gap on 50 doesnt help...lol. Guess I need to look into getting some help with this one since my objectives are Masters Nationals in a year.

GetnBig said:
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Kinda what I thought too not to mention closing the gap on 50 doesnt help...lol. Guess I need to look into getting some help with this one since my objectives are Masters Nationals in a year.
GetnBigWell.... all you gotta do is ask! Always have spots open... shoot me an email....

GetnBig, I don't know a single IFBB pro that doesn't have a coach. You need that expertise and unbiased feedback that you can't give yourself. Even though I've been through prep with HG doesn't mean my next prep is gonna go the same. I need him to make those adjustments for me that I don't know how to make.

I have to agree with RS bro. Even when your on point with your contest prep having that unbiased eye is crucial. I've always done my own contest prep, but I'm considering hiring a coach for 2014. You can always keep learning and having that 2nd eye when your mind starts to play tricks on you is crucial. The problem is I seen a lot of shitty coaches at multiple shows I've attended. Guys showing up to a show not ready and coaches telling them they look great.
Homegrown seems to have vast knowledge and has very good feedback on here.
Are you happy with the coach you used this year?

RockShawn said:
GetnBig, I don't know a single IFBB pro that doesn't have a coach. You need that expertise and unbiased feedback that you can't give yourself. Even though I've been through prep with HG doesn't mean my next prep is gonna go the same. I need him to make those adjustments for me that I don't know how to make.
RockShawn
Yeah, I know. As much as I like to depend on myself there are things that I cant see and need help with....

jshredz said:
I have to agree with RS bro. Even when your on point with your contest prep having that unbiased eye is crucial. I've always done my own contest prep, but I'm considering hiring a coach for 2014. You can always keep learning and having that 2nd eye when your mind starts to play tricks on you is crucial. The problem is I seen a lot of shitty coaches at multiple shows I've attended. Guys showing up to a show not ready and coaches telling them they look great.
Homegrown seems to have vast knowledge and has very good feedback on here.
Are you happy with the coach you used this year?
jshredz
I know that a coach is necessary but this year has been a little tough on me if you know what I mean and it wasnt in the cards after July. But I see now more than ever how important it is.

GetnBig said:
I know that a coach is necessary but this year has been a little tough on me if you know what I mean and it wasnt in the cards after July. But I see now more than ever how important it is.
GetnBigHe's got 5 slots open and on sale for yearly training and you just add prep on when it comes time for that. I got hung out to dry by a coach and was 6 weeks from my show. HG saw I wasn't gonna make it and he jumped in and offered to help, I accepted but I paid him, this wasn't his fault. He morphed me in less than 6 weeks and I made the stage. Proof is in the pudding. Ill post a link to my log and pics. You'll see what this guy can do.

Final Push
https://www.enhancegenetics.com/index.php/topic,1659.0.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.