Banned Diet Pill Reverses Type 2 Diabetes And Fatty Liver In Rats

RockShawn

DEDICATION AND DESIRE
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
An industrial chemical, pesticide and explosive—DNP sounds like your ideal medicine, right? Well, this substance (2,4-dinitropheol) was actually turned into a diet pill back in the 1930s after scientists noticed it caused those exposed to it to lose weight. However, it was quickly banned and deemed unfit for human consumption after its horrible list of side effects became apparent, such as bone marrow problems and impairments to the nervous system. Oh, and death.

But this drug could soon be vindicated as, after a few tweaks, it now seems to be effective at reversing type 2 diabetes and fatty liver disease in rats. Although more safety studies are required, the encouraging results suggest it could represent a promising new treatment avenue for humans with these conditions, and that clinical trials would be worth pursuing to investigate this. The research has been published in Science.

Obesity is an epidemic, and while it’s easy to notice those extra pounds appearing as a spare tire around the waist, excess body fat also accumulates in places that we can’t see, such as the liver. Healthy livers should have barely any fat in them, but in some individuals fat can build up within liver cells. This can lead to a range of conditions collectively known as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Often it’s harmless and will go unnoticed, but in others it can worsen and develop into a condition known as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), where the excess fat causes inflammation and damages the liver cells. Unfortunately, there are no treatments for NASH, and it can lead to serious problems such as scarring (cirrhosis), cancer and liver failure.

But things may be looking up for those with these problems as a reinvented diet pill seems to be very good at reversing fatty liver disease. The drug, DNP, was banned almost 80 years ago because of high toxicity, but despite this, it is very good at what it does: making the body burn fat. It achieves this by modifying the activity of the energy-making factories found in our cells called mitochondria. Furthermore, when given to rats, it was found to increase their insulin sensitivity, which is promising given that insulin resistance is associated with NAFLD and is a major factor in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes.

To reduce its toxicity, Yale scientists started off by making a version of DNP that is mostly active in the liver, which reduced the undesired effects on other areas of the body. Not only was this around one-tenth as toxic as unmodified DNP, but it also reduced liver fat levels in rat models of NAFLD. Although this was a vast improvement, the researchers then thought of a better way to tackle its toxicity: pack it into a slow-release pill to prevent blood concentrations from ever getting too high.

In rat models of NAFLD and type 2 diabetes, when administered once daily this version not only reversed fatty liver, but it also increased insulin sensitivity and improved blood glucose levels. Furthermore, in rats with NASH, it reduced the amount of scarring that can ultimately lead to liver failure. These promising results have got experts in the field excited, and scientists are hopeful it could one day lead to an effective treatment for these conditions in humans.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/reinvented-banned-diet-pill-reverses-type-2-diabetes-and-fatty-liver-rats

Its all good. I dont think anyone saw it haha
I actually thought of you when I did post it because of your hyperglycemia

That is exactly what attracted me to this article. I go in for a A1C the 20th to see what doc says. I'm off Test, and any supplements other than vitamins, probiotics and some NAC and DIM.

First time hearing that DNP was ban due to complications dealing with CNS and bone marrow. If this is true, the benefits may actually not be as appealing as this article makes them sound.

RockShawn said:
That is exactly what attracted me to this article. I go in for a A1C the 20th to see what doc says. I'm off Test, and any supplements other than vitamins, probiotics and some NAC and DIM.
RockShawn
RS are you using dnp now? If so, how long have you been on it and what doses? Do you think your doctor could also do a liver enzyme test along with kidney function while checking your A1C? Depending on your insurance it may fall under preventive care and not charge you a dime for these additional tests.

We need to remember, back in the 20's and 30's, when DNP became all the rage for dieter's, people were consuming upwards of 3,000mg's/day. Yeah, there was zero research available at the time. It was banned for human consumption shortly after a wave of deaths, all attributable to consumption on a drastic level, but they didn't know better. The danger with DNP is that it works very well, and too many people still think 'more is better'.

Of course, we all know consumption of 250-500 mg's/day, even for a month, is relatively safe, and where you want to be insofar as dosage. There's no denying DNP's potential toxicity, there are deaths every year still, always from dangerously high doses.

The linked article is fascinating in the fact of how the Harvard researchers modified DNP to make it safer. Awesome.

sityslicker1 said:
RS are you using dnp now? If so, how long have you been on it and what doses? Do you think your doctor could also do a liver enzyme test along with kidney function while checking your A1C? Depending on your insurance it may fall under preventive care and not charge you a dime for these additional tests.
sityslicker1I'm not on anything at the moment. Dr wanted me off Test and HGH and even OTC supps till we figure out the hyperglycemia. This will be my second A1C the first was slightly high, by high nontheless. I really thing the massive prostate infection I had contributed to the hyperglycemia because now that I'm done with antibiotics and feel like the infection is well at bay or even gone my Blood sugar tests are coming in much lower. 120-150 after meals instead of 280-310.

If the A1C comes back too high again, I will probably start DNP at 250mg EOD to see if it completely combats it.

RockShawn said:
I'm not on anything at the moment. Dr wanted me off Test and HGH and even OTC supps till we figure out the hyperglycemia. This will be my second A1C the first was slightly high, by high nontheless. I really thing the massive prostate infection I had contributed to the hyperglycemia because now that I'm done with antibiotics and feel like the infection is well at bay or even gone my Blood sugar tests are coming in much lower. 120-150 after meals instead of 280-310.

If the A1C comes back too high again, I will probably start DNP at 250mg EOD to see if it completely combats it.
RockShawn
Remember DNP has a half life of 36hrs. It's best to run ed if you want to maintain peak levels. I'm not sure what you're expecting @ 250/eod? Are you just trying to lose a small amount of weight quickly? Are you going to carb deplete before you start? Would that be advisable in your current physical state?

Hanzo said:
Remember DNP has a half life of 36hrs. It's best to run ed if you want to maintain peak levels. I'm not sure what you're expecting @ 250/eod? Are you just trying to lose a small amount of weight quickly? Are you going to carb deplete before you start? Would that be advisable in your current physical state?
Hanzo
Im guessing he is hoping to lower his blood glucose levels if the A1C test comes back too high

Great information here Rock. I myself am looking to take the plunge into DNP after some more research...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.