Mad Referrer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
VIP Member
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I am going to share with you how I got started lifting weights.

The first workout routine I ever did was the “125 routine”.

I call it the “125 routine” because most of the lifts are done in sets of 25.

First, I would do 5 sets of 25 push-ups (so 125 push-ups total).

I knew how to do push-ups from gym class, but beyond that I had no idea what I was doing at that point. I would take as long of a rest as I needed between each set.

Next, even though I had no clue this was actually working my shoulders, I would lift the barbell I had over my head for about 15 reps. I couldn’t get to 25 reps back then!

So I would do 5 sets total of 15 reps for each set of those overhead presses.

Then I would do sit-ups, just on the floor, nothing special.

I would do 5 sets of 25 sit-ups. Again, just like with push-ups, if I couldn’t finish a complete set of 25, I would rest a few seconds, and then pick right back up where I left off! I would always finish the set, no matter how long it took!

Then I would get my dumbbells out, sit down in my humble wooden chair, and do concentration curls.

I would do 5 sets of 15 reps of concentration curls, just like the shoulder presses.

Believe it or not guys, that’s all I started out with! I didn’t know what the hell I was doing but I still got good results because of one reason and mainly just this one reason.

I got results because I was CONSISTENT!

I did this routine almost everyday, not matter how much I hated it or didn’t want to do it. And that’s why I got results after about 2 – 3 months of doing nothing else but this.

I didn’t know about diet at the time so I was just eating what any typical teenager would eat!

If you are a beginner, if you don’t want to be seen yet at the gym lifting little weights (no that there’s anything wrong with that – we’ve all been there!), or if you just don’t have enough money yet to join a real gym, this home routine is PERFECT for you.

Here’s a summary of the whole routine:

The John Doe 125 Routine​

Push-ups – 5 sets of 25 reps

Overhead presses – 5 sets of 15 reps

Sit-ups – 5 sets of 25 reps

Curls – 5 sets of 15 reps for each arm

This is a great routine for anyone new to lifting weights or for any lifter who wants to go back to the basics (never a bad idea!).

As always, train hard!

Over and out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.