***Best Excercises to Target Lower Back***

Boltbreaker

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
Ok, so I am at the point where I am trying to fill in weak points after running a pretty hefty Mass Cycle. One area I need to hammer down on is my Lower Back. What are some of the best exercises to Rip up that area. This is honestly one area I just do not target and never have come to think of it. I am building a new Regimen and want to incorporate this into it and see some results. Input and feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

Bolt

Dead lift if possible? My gym has a
Lower back extension machine works pretty well.

Try doing some good mornings and stiff legged deads. Those hit my lower back pretty good.

Stiff leg deadlifts, hyper extensions, good mornings... That kind of stuff. U don't want to go real heavy on those movements so u prevent an injury..

from my outdated pos phone

Stiff leg deadlifts, hyper extensions, low back extension machine.
Very important to use a weight you can handle on stiff leg deadlifts without breaking form and not crashing the weight on the ground on every set. Also important not to over contract on the way up when using heavy weight, otherwise your shifting all that weight on your spine.

Jshredz
Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk2

Light weight high rep good mornings, followed by DL or rack pulls.

Looks like a lot of guys like stiff leg dead lifts, I personally hate them. Always end up pulling my hamstring.

Good Mornings and Hyper extensions are the number one lower back intensifiers. Rack pulls and SL deadlifts are great builders, but don't target the lower back as much as the middle.

If you do SLDL or RDL's correctly there is little to no lower back involved in the movement. The best low back builders i have found for the erectors have been reverse hypers, deep DEEP squats and deficit pulls....

it sounds to me like you are not happy with the definition in the lower back?... if that's the case .. in my experience that is the last place along with the glutes to get defined.

so i think around 7% is when that area starts to get defined... but to get that area ripped might be 5% or lower... i have never been ripped enough to have defined glutes or lower back so these are just guessing really...

homegrown says holding fat in the back is also a matter of insulin sensitivity... i think if you are wantig to get that ripped it may take some coaching from homegrown or someone...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.