Better to look more than you weigh or weigh more than you look?

the prototype

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
I get asked a lot how much I weigh. I'm about 5'9 and 175 lbs. People guess anywhere from 185 to as high as 205. I was wondering is it better to look more than you weigh or weigh more than you look? My arms and shoulders are my best body parts and are unusually big for my size. I've always wondered this but never got a straight answer so I figured I'd ask.

Always better to look more than you weight.How many times do you see pro pics and they look HUGE only to find out they really arent that huge at all compared to many other pros?

Having a thick,dense look is what most guys seek.The illusion of size is what separates the winners from the losers in many cases.Your genetics will allow you to only get so big but having the appearance of being much larger is the key.

Ive always had small joints so I always have a much more dense appearance than some of my boys.Muscles look much fuller and thicker than guys a lot bigger than I am (which is around 230 right now)

I would have to agree with FIST unfortunately everybody thinks I weigh 165/180 pounds or so but I'm hover around 200/210 they always ask me where the hell is the extra weight and naturally I tell them it's my third leg weighing me down lmfao

Look more than you weight hands down wins for me!!!
Yes adding weight is great because you figure strength and size comes with it.
But being a bodybuilder to me the appearance of being bigger is a lot more important

Thanks for the responses. Makes me feel better. I also have a smaller bone structure and super fast metabolism so even 5 lbs looks like a lot of weight on me.

Tis true. I look at least 15 pounds heavier than actual. Small waist (pant size 30) and shoulders and back broad help sale the illusion of being bigger. And don't discount the Adonis factor. 1.61 is the magic number of waist to shoulder ratio. I am currently 1.63...its legit.

Irish is on point !!!! Enough said !!!

I've weighed from 205-240 throughout the last few years.

People-non bodybuilders/non powerlifters say Im about 175-180

I think I look bigger than my weight, but part of that is because my gimp side is so much smaller but visually most don't see it.

240 atm with 33 waist. Still the low gut the problem area..so much loose skin..

Center mass weight what to do what to do. Been down to 150lbs at one time but I looked like Skeletor. Maybe I need to get going with the cardio and try to get back to 170 fight weight. Oh that's right I'm old,dusty and rusty now lol

I'm 6'1" and weigh 205. Most people usually think I weigh 185.lol
I used to cut down to 148 (yeah welterweight) when my walking around weight was 170. I feel and look much better now. I gave up active fighting about 5-6 years ago and started lifting, gained 35lbs and, like I said, never felt better.

Hogslayer said:
Center mass weight what to do what to do. Been down to 150lbs at one time but I looked like Skeletor. Maybe I need to get going with the cardio and try to get back to 170 fight weight. Oh that's right I'm old,dusty and rusty now lol
Hogslayer
Never give up, get back to the Super Middleweight Division! 8)

Look bigger is always better. You can always work hard and add weight, but genetics is going to dictate how that weight looks on you (if all other factors are on point of course)

Most people say I look around 215-220lbs when I'm actually 270lbs, closest anyone guessed was 240lbs.

ajordana said:
Look bigger is always better. You can always work hard and add weight, but genetics is going to dictate how that weight looks on you (if all other factors are on point of course)
ajordanaTis true. Shoulder to hip ratio has a lot to do with the illusion of looking bigger than you are. And that, of course, is determined by genetics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.