Breakdown exercises anyone?

Daredevil

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
Has anyone tried doing breakdown exercises? In case someone doesn't know Breakdown exercises is going from a heavy weight at a certain amount of reps and each set you go down in weight and do more reps.

For instance let's say your max curl is 50Lbs that you can do once. You would start at 40Lbs and do one set at 6-8 reps. The second set you would drop 15%-20% in weight and do 10-12 reps. The third set you would drop 50% in original weight and do 20 reps or until failure.

I've been doing breakdowns for two weeks now. Traditionally I used to do 3 sets at 8-10 reps of the same weight.

It seems that just doing it for two weeks it's kind of hard to determine if it's helping me at all. I'm gaining strength in all exercises that I do 5-10Lbs more a week but that might just be from the AAS I'm using.

I'm curious if this is highly preferred and works for gaining strength and toning or if the traditional way or another way is better?

I have done this especially with DBs. I will set my "tunnel of love". DBs in descending order. 50, 45, 40, 35...etc. Start heavy and go to failure on each weight and move immediately to the next lightest DB. It's funny to see look on people's faces when you get to the end of the tunnel and your struggling with 20s.

Yea drops sets is another term for it TK.

Tuna how long are you giving yourself in between sets or you immediately jumping to the next week? And has this been working for you better than other workouts?

I typically do "a" drop set at the end of my regular sets on some exercises. You can also increase the intensity by prolonging the negative. This allows for maximal muscle fiber teardown and the concentric increases pump.
Do them with no rest between all to failure. hurts like a bitch.

I do drop sets occasionally, like rock said usually only the final set when I do. But one muscle group I feel really benefits from tons and tons of reps and drop sets is medial Delts. My delt caps have grown immensely since I threw out lower rep lateral raises and replaced with drop sets and/or sets of 15-20. On occasion I'll do a set of 8-10 just to get some heavy work on them, but high rep lateral raises are the key IMO to growing boulder shoulders. I'll do drop sets sometimes from 50 lbs down to 5 lbs and get an insane pump. I tend to still keep my overhead presses at the 8-12 range though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.