Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
EG Freak
Shout Master
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
have any of you guys tried this? i'm experimenting with it now. trying not to eat any carbs or really minimal carbs for 8 hours after training. i'm in general trying to keep carbs low on non-training days as well, and hopefully add in more fats/protein so as to not be too calorie-depleted.

What's the purpose? What are your goals for doing this?

I'm asking not to be a dick, but because I truly don't know or had heard of this routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCT oil + whey protein works great post workout. The MCT oil is basically instant fuel for your body since it doesn't need to be digested.

Peanut butter is great in a whey protein shake, too. Carbs cause me major problems with narcolepsy, so I've found some ways to work around that....and this is one of them.
Carbless post workout is great if you do an AM workout and don't want to get that mid-day slump from low blood sugar.

-Erik

the idea behind it is that it keeps the body in an anabolic state longer and increases insulin sensitivity, i think. i'm not a scientist; i've just been reading a lot about it on dat's forum.

Erik, i always work out in the morning, unless i work out at night. but it's usually mornings on my 3 days off, and i usually go one night too.

some initial thoughts since starting this (it's still early on): i have had some severe lethargy but at other times i seem more energized. i think once my body gets used to it that the lethargy is gonna dissipate. it hasn't been as difficult as i thought to go w/o carbs, but it's certainly a shock to my body. to be honest, i haven't gotten close to zero carbs yet, i'm still getting trace carbs from veg (broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix yesterday) gonna cut out the carrots because they are high starch and only very lightly steam the other veg today. i had a small amount of honey last night after the 8 hour carbless (very low carb) period. i might try to extend it beyond 8 hours today; we'll see how it goes.

You can read about it here, for those that are members:

http://www.datbtrue.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?132-CPWO

i've read about it some on DAT's forum... seems very interesting...

i workout most times at 5am...and don't eat at all till 11-12... sip some bcaas all morning.

Insulin is needed for muscle growth. Any restrictive diet will eventually be detrimental to growth.

matty... insulin is needed for sure... but some of these plans are about manipulation of insulin sensitivity to get more growth and less fat ...

do they work? hell if i know...lol

i've had success with fasting periods...

Imo...carbs are good in moderation. Any totally restrictive diet although effective will eventually be bad alternative.

bossman said:
have any of you guys tried this? i'm experimenting with it now. trying not to eat any carbs or really minimal carbs for 8 hours after training. i'm in general trying to keep carbs low on non-training days as well, and hopefully add in more fats/protein so as to not be too calorie-depleted.
bossman
What's the point? Just wondering...expermenting Why?

Tk.. just a method of manipulating insulin sensitivity... trying to gain muscle without fat.... some have great insulin sensitivity already and preferentially build muscle ... but some don't and need to try other methods

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I believe you can get by the rest of the day which would be good with cutting carbs,the only time you really need them is after your workout when the body is like a sponge but cut carbs the rest of the day. After a bust ass workout bro....this will help control body fat and insulin sensitivity.

If you get your carbs in that the night before sleep and train in the morning, you should have enough fuel in the tank to keep you sane if you go carbless for that long of stretch after training. I don't know about you guys but I sleep so well with carbs before bed. I only do this on my high carbs days.

The day after my cheat days/high carbs I will fast as long as I can the next day after working out first thing in the morning. Thus helps me make up some of the calorie surplus from the day before, and also keep insulin sensitivity high.

In the whole grand scheme of things it just another way to diet. So many ways to skin a cat. Carb timing and cycling have worked really well and is the only one I can do consistently. Got to find what works best for you.

MattyIce said:
Insulin is needed for muscle growth. Any restrictive diet will eventually be detrimental to growth.
MattyIce
Leucine/bcaas/whey spike insulin afaik.

tkasch30 said:
What's the point? Just wondering...expermenting Why?
tkasch30
trying to cut some fat and gain some muscle, the usual stuff 🙂

i've been carbing up pre-workout and trying to stay really low-carb at all other times. not sure what the results are yet, other than me being cranky and at times lethargic.

bossman said:
i've been carbing up pre-workout and trying to stay really low-carb at all other times. not sure what the results are yet, other than me being cranky and at times lethargic.
bossmanThis will work but you will also need other carb meals throughout the day depending on when you train.
If your training early in the morning you might need to add a few carbs in post workout to prevent your blood sugar from dropping too low. Nothing huge 20 grms might suffice. Slow carbs will work best.
I been manipulating my carb timing for years and can now go heavy carbs all the way to contest time.
Contest time My days off from training i also go very low carbs

Fuck dieting just take enough EQ and eat what you want. Go ahead you have my permission. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.