millenium girl

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Do you guys stick to the golden rule "no carbs after 2pm"? I'm a carb addict but I try to limit the intake in the late afternoon/evening.

Do you guys stick to the golden rule "no carbs after 2pm"? I'm a carb addict but I try to limit the intake in the late afternoon/evening.
millenium girl

I stick the golden rule eat whatever I want whenever I want. That carbs before bed thing is biggest load of bullshit. I've had abs for last 6 yrs straight so not like I'm walk around a fat ass lol

I stick the golden rule eat whatever I want whenever I want. That carbs before bed thing is biggest load of bullshit. I've had abs for last 6 yrs straight so not like I'm walk around a fat ass lol
tkasch30i'm with you here but i can't say i have had abs for six years lol... but i do notice something when i eat carbs at bedtime... i wake up fuckin RAVENOUS. i don't know why. i've talked to a couple other guys this happens to. also when i dabbled with tren i got real bad night sweats once after eating carbs at bedtime.

count the carbs in a 24 hour period, but yes i say eat carbs around periods of activity, not sitting, so at night i reduce carbs, not always to zero but a cup of rice becomes a half

millenium girlAbsolutely not! Not only carbs needed for fuel, like MisterB said, but they also act as shuttling agents for other nutrients, especially protein, to be metabolized.

I think if I ate all my carbs before 2pm, I might blow up like a puffer fish in a shark tank! Try to space your carbs out into each and every meal. Utilize your quick carbs post workout if you can, and some complex pre-work out. (If you can eat at least an hour before gym) Just, stick to light carbs before bed, your body needs fuel to keep you Metabolic at night. You might find you'll like the results tremendously!

That carbs before bed thing is biggest load of bullshit.

i have to agree here ... total carbs and cals are the most important... now maybe if i was in the final weeks of contest prep and single digit fat i may need some carb manipulation voodoo to get lower

but to just get lean or maintain... i eat carbs whenever... and i don't really even limit sugar..

good video on sugar and "there are no magic foods"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and layne norton on sugar
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solid advice here. Diet is always my weak spot so I love macro/food talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so dislike that guy! That's not to say he's not highly educated and knowledgeable...I just think he's an ass. I got into an argument with him once and it was so frustrating!! He's too damn "booksmart"!

he's my general thought on carbs

carbs typically elicit a insulin response since most complex or simple carbs turn into sugars, Insulin, aside from shuttling nutrient into the muscle is a fat storage hormone, provided a surplus of carbs Insulin will store these as fat.
So i try to use what's necessary for energy and the rest in protein and good fats

carbs typically elicit a insulin response since most complex or simple carbs turn into sugars, Insulin, aside from shuttling nutrient into the muscle is a fat storage hormone, provided a surplus of carbs Insulin will store these as fat.
So i try to use what's necessary for energy and the rest in protein and good fats
misterBgenerally if bulking would rather my surplus comes from carbs to get the max amount of protein to the muscle. I do like 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat as a ballpark. Maybe bro-science? Idk.

generally if bulking would rather my surplus comes from carbs to get the max amount of protein to the muscle. I do like 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat as a ballpark. Maybe bro-science? Idk.
kingofclownsOn bulking, as much as 50% carbs is reasonable. But, make them Quality!

misterBThis is what I think as well and it's easy for me since I don't really like the carbs that most people do - bread, rice, pasta, etc. I'll eat oatmeal if I have to but I'd rather not. The only carbs I like are of the simple sugar variety, meaning cookies and doughnuts, unfortunately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.