Cracking down on TRT in boxing ....

Hanzo

Time Deum
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
These rules are very stringent, compared to years gone. We'll see how far across the board they go, since this is only Nevada, but, in boxing, so goes Vegas so goes the world.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/abc-response-to-nsac-elimination-of-testosterone-replacement-therapy-trt-237975#more-237975

if it's a medical condition this is beyond insane.

GRIM said:
if it's a medical condition this is beyond insane.
GRIM
Yeah, that's how I see it. You have to stop before 8 weeks out of your fight pretty much no matter what.

of course this is a legitamate condition, but this doesnt try and prevent those patients from using. This tries to prevent a perfectly healthy athlete from using exogenous testosterone as a performance enhancer

morrey said:
of course this is a legitamate condition, but this doesnt try and prevent those patients from using. This tries to prevent a perfectly healthy athlete from using exogenous testosterone as a performance enhancer
morrey
Uh .... we know that. The conditions are overreaching.

I think i read UFC also banned trt. All i know i am not gonna watch a bunch of natty fighters lol that shit is gonna be boring as fuck!

Hanzo said:
Uh .... we know that. The conditions are overreaching.
Hanzo
They did not seem bad at all. First off i am for steroids in sports, everyone is going to do them so fuck it just let them. IF you are goin to have a clean sport then you should have very stringent rule and testing. Thats the only way to keep it clean

49ER said:
I think i read UFC also banned trt. All i know i am not gonna watch a bunch of natty fighters lol that shit is gonna be boring as fuck!
49ER
Are you sure about that? I thought Sonnen just went through a bunch of controversy regarding this and Dana White finally came out and said trt is ok.

49ER said:
49ERNo the Weidman/Belfort fight was postponed because the athletic division in the state they were fighting in had just banned trt, not ufc

ajordana said:
No the Weidman/Belfort fight was postponed because the athletic division in the state they were fighting in had just banned trt, not ufc
ajordana
Would that be Nevada? If so, this article pertains directly to that.As you know, the UFC has to go through each state Athletic Commission. In doing so, they have to abide by the rules already set up by the Boxing Commission (except for striking rules, etc.), this is why they have to use boxing judges, more bs for the UFC to put up with.

Hanzo said:
Would that be Nevada? If so, this article pertains directly to that.As you know, the UFC has to go through each state Athletic Commission. In doing so, they have to abide by the rules already set up by the Boxing Commission (except for striking rules, etc.), this is why they have to use boxing judges, more bs for the UFC to put up with.
HanzoYep yep Nevada. I didn't read the particular article in here I was just letting 49er know that it wasn't ufc who was enforcing that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.