Iron Killer
EG Vendor
Jacked Immortal
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
What are your thoughts on morality? Let's see where this goes lmao

Morality - principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

Do you believe there is such a thing? how can you say something is wrong? Who are you to say that is wrong or right?

Hmm. Honestly every person has their own belief on morality of what's right or wrong, which is instilled in them by their ethnic background and environment that they live in.

Some countries when people kill they are hung to death and when they steal their hands are chopped off. Whereas in the USA we just simply give them probation or short jail time and hope they change. Crazy how a mass murderer can kill a dozen people but sit on death row for a dozen years plus waiting for an execution.

In Islam it's okay to have many wives as long as you treat each wife the same whereas many other religions disagree and only believe there should be one wife.

So my belief is everyone sets their own standards to what's right and wrong.

Basically my view, if you aren't harming someone its nobodies business but you're own

Daredevil said:
Hmm. Honestly every person has their own belief on morality of what's right or wrong, which is instilled in them by their ethnic background and environment that they live in.

Some countries when people kill they are hung to death and when they steal their hands are chopped off. Whereas in the USA we just simply give them probation or short jail time and hope they change. Crazy how a mass murderer can kill a dozen people but sit on death row for a dozen years plus waiting for an execution.

In Islam it's okay to have many wives as long as you treat each wife the same whereas many other religions disagree and only believe there should be one wife.

So my belief is everyone sets their own standards to what's right and wrong.
Daredevil

I'm just playing the devil's advocate so do not think I'm trying to bash your argument. I actually like the response fyi. However if everyone has their own standards to what's right and wrong that would bring issues. what I believe it is okay for me to kill you , but you are against killing people. Should I be held in liable as that really is my belief?

GRIM said:
Basically my view, if you aren't harming someone its nobodies business but you're own
GRIM
I kind of also like your view it's similar to mine. However let point out an issue with it. What if you are religious and do not believe in going to the hospital. So now let's say your family prays for the child , but he dies from a common disease that could of easily been prevented. Should the person be allowed to follow their religious beliefs or required to take their child to the hospital despite not believing in it. Yes , someone is being harmed , but it's the families religion. so what Im stating is does religion hold up against court or no they should be required to take the child to the hospital , but remember they are completely against it.

dyel said:
I kind of also like your view it's similar to mine. However let point out an issue with it. What if you are religious and do not believe in going to the hospital. So now let's say your family prays for the child , but he dies from a common disease that could of easily been prevented. Should the person be allowed to follow their religious beliefs or required to take their child to the hospital despite not believing in it. Yes , someone is being harmed , but it's the families religion. so what Im stating is does religion hold up against court or no they should be required to take the child to the hospital , but remember they are completely against it.
dyelThat's a good.point however religion does not trump the welfare of a child.
Religion calls for sacrifices and worse in some.cases

I think some people are just born bad like a litter of pure breed pups they all are of the same line but the pups will have different temperments and whatnot. Out of my whole family im the only male thats been in trouble to prison even only one that lifts or knows thing about juice. Only one that used to smoke weed drink pick a fight all that young ignorant shit. All of us kids raised same way same family Christian church every Sunday bible school communion all that. Big family all great kids no trouble out of one but me. Now things are different but I learned the hard way. I think its just how God created us each different for whatever reason he has

GRIM said:
That's a good.point however religion does not trump the welfare of a child.
GRIM
I Hold the seem view on this issue as well. btw I'm playing devil's advocate so don't take anything I say personally.

What if indirectly you are affecting the lives of others? is that okay or wrong? Example: With your idea I could do all the cocaine I wanted as long as I didn't harm anyone. yes? However by purchasing all this cocaine I'm supporting the drug war which has killed tons of lives.

dyel said:
I Hold the seem view on this issue as well. btw I'm playing devil's advocate so don't take anything I say personally.

What if indirectly you are affecting the lives of others? is that okay or wrong? Example: With your idea I could do all the cocaine I wanted as long as I didn't harm anyone. yes? However by purchasing all this cocaine I'm supporting the drug war which has killed tons of lives.
dyelThat's where they intertwine as the laws as is say you can't do something. In this case the law imo is unjust

The fact that we can distinguish right from wrong. That we care about morality. That we see value in all human life. That we have a desire for justice is what separates us from animals. This leads me to a belief that we were created by a great creator. Not evolved from animals.

I like DareDevils hypothesis and add that even within cultural differences things like stealing or lying are know bad while helping and giving are known good. the boundaries on each side regardless of environment are typically similar... with or without a deity lol

dyel said:
dyel

I agree completely with DareDevil on this.Great answer DD.I couldn't agree more.

Now Dyel,in response to what you're asking,this goes along with what Grim said......"AS LONG AS ITS NOT HURTING ANYONE ELSE" I firmly believe that what you do in your life should be up to you as long as it does not infringe on anyone elses rights and freedoms.For me,its not about religion to do whats right or wrong.For me,you dont have to be a devote follower of any particular religion to live your life in a "good" way.There is no grey area in right and wrong.So if you live your life with this in mind,and follow the path of whats right,then you are a moral person.

If you can look in the mirror any given day and ask yourself..........."AM I A GOOD PERSON" and " HAS MY LIFE BEEN A BENEFIT TO NOT ONLY ME BUT TO OTHERS" and answer yes to both,then you are on the right path.

GRIM said:
That's a good.point however religion does not trump the welfare of a child.
GRIM
In some cases I don't believe that this is entirely true, ex. jehovah witness and refusal of blood/blood products. minors from my understanding can be voided of transfusion containing blood products, if parents insist due to religious convictions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.