EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Dana White Confirms Holm vs. Rousey 2
By Mike Henken -
Dec 3, 2015

After shockingly being knocked out by current champion Holly Holm in the main event of November 14’s UFC 193, it was clear that former dominant champion “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey would be taking some time off, but the consensus seemed to be that an immediate rematch would be the way to go.

It’s thought that Rousey will make her return at next summer’s UFC 200 which will most likely end up being a gigantic event and an event that could host such a massive rematch.

While that makes sense, many have said that Holm should look to take another fight to avoid being out of the cage for so long. Perhaps a bout with top contender and former title challenger Miesha Tate would make sense.

Throw that idea away, as UFC president has confirmed that a rematch between “The Preacher’s Daughter” and Rousey is indeed the direction in which the promotion will head:

“I think that if we didn’t make the rematch, me and [UFC CEO] Lorenzo [Fertitta] should probably lose our promoters’ license,” White said on the morning ESPN radio show Mike & Mike. “Yeah, that fight’s going to happen. I don’t know when, but that’s the fight that will happen.”

White continued on to discuss why the “Rousey” one deserves a second shot despite the beating she took, also noting that Holm was in favor of the decision as well:

“Ronda Rousey has gone undefeated, taken the sport to another level and was beating the best women in the world in 14 seconds or 30 seconds, so she deserves a rematch,” he said. “Holly agrees she deserves a rematch, and we’ll figure it out.”

Will the outcome of the rematch prove any different?

Where you been man I thought for sure that you and HANZO went and got hitched

Fuck Dana White !!! He's just a shook fuck and wants his golden girl Rhonda to get her belt back !!!
Giving Holm all this time off will put some rust on her , that's prob what he thinks , I hope Holm proves all those Rich fucks wrong and knocks the piss out of Rhonda again !!!

Torres said:
Fuck Dana White !!! He's just a shook fuck and wants his golden girl Rhonda to get her belt back !!!
Giving Holm all this time off will put some rust on her , that's prob what he thinks , I hope Holm proves all those Rich fucks wrong and knocks the piss out of Rhonda again !!!
Torres
Your right bro. But she can't beat holly man if they put if off 2 years. Rhonda has no hands. Holly has hands an them kicks. Only way I see her winning is if she went in an took holly to the ground the entire fight. An wins by take downs. Or a arm bar. I'm still say I'd fuck either one of them.

Holly holm hit rousey like she has never been hit and I think when she comes back in she will learn to duck and swerve but she won't be good enough for holm still..Holm puts her out first round next fight.

Hogslayer said:
Where you been man I thought for sure that you and HANZO went and got hitched
Hogslayer
I was on vacation.Just got back.

No hanzo and I didnt get hitched even with his constant begging.LOL

Rousey better get in shape if she wants to hang with Holm. She was exhausted chasing her around for 2 min.. he best bet would be to take it to the ground asap! Stick with what you know.. you're not a boxer!

Rousey's afraid to get back in the ring with Holm. If she wasn't she'd be begging for that rematch, instead she keeps back peddling and pushing her return back claiming she needs time. She can't hang with an experienced striker. Holly will likely make a fool out of her again.

this will be awesome, lets see if Holmes can survive once Rousy decides to not try and out punch a boxer and just gets in close and grapples

Apparently over the weekend - talks between UFC and Holm's management went "sour" and Dana has stated they are no longer interested in having Holly return to the UFC. That's crazy - I mean she exposed holes in the most dominant fighters game, took a title defense that she really didn't have to take - could have sat back waiting for Rhonda, then loses the title to Miesha (boring fight if not for Miesha's finish) and UFC are done with her... Too bad- she is a talented fighter and seems like a nice person. If she just had better clarity in the 5th, she would still be champ - Can't take anything away from Tate, but do we really want Rousey Tate 3? first 2 fights had pretty much the same outcome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.