Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
EG Freak
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
What's the deal w/ DHEA ???
I've read that if ur estro is low and body feels lethargic and all a person wants to do is sleep, that DHEA , will regulate the testosterone and level out estro to give a person more energy ???
Need more feedback !!! Any and all information on this is appreciated !!!

Kinda a hit and miss snake oil IMO compared to what we bbers have at our disposal.

I've wondered too.

I take it sometimes and it seems like I do feel better sometimes when I take it.

My mom takes it and says she feels better now because of it, but I know that's not the same comparison.
(an elderly lady vs a bodybuilder)

Anyway, I know none of this helps, but I guess what I'm saying is I wish I knew too.
Hopefully someone here will post up some research evidence.

Ok, found this on pudmed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25962158

"It is interesting that administration of DHEA caused a significant increase of 17β-HSD, 3β-HSD and aromatase mRNA levels in adrenal. The AD(androstenedione) and T(testosterone)contents also markedly increased by 537% and 2737% after DHEA administration in ovariectomised rats, in company with a significant increase in 17β-HSD and 3β-HSD mRNA levels and decreased aromatase mRNA level in adrenal. However, DHEA administration did not restore the decreased E2, estrone (E1), and progesterone (P) caused by the removal of the ovaries in females. These results clearly illustrated that exogenous DHEA is preferentially converted into androgens in adrenal, while its conversion to estrogens mainly happens in the ovary through steroidogenic enzyme in female rats. "

Also Wikipedia says: 17β-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase are a group of alcohol oxidoreductases which catalyse the dehydrogenation of 17-hydroxysteroids in steroidogenesis.[1][2][3][4][5] This includes interconversion of DHEA and androstenediol, androstenedione and testosterone, and estrone and estradiol, respectively.[6][7]
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17Beta_Hydroxysteroid_dehydrogenase)

And:
"The 3-beta HSD complex is responsible for the conversion of:
pregnenolone to progesterone
17-alpha-pregnenolone to 17-alpha-progesterone
dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) to androstenedione
androstenediol to testosterone"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-beta-HSD)

So, if I understand correctly, it appears that females rats, with ovaries and with their ovaries removed, have a substantial increase in T levels via conversion of DHEA by the adrenals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.