Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
DHT levels through the roof with Butea superba

A supplement containing Butea superba not only sent a 35-year-old man's libido through the roof, but sent his levels of the androgen hormone DHT sky high. Thai nutritionists described the case in the Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism – and may well have finally succeeded in throwing light on how Butea superba works.

Butea superbais a climbing plant found in the jungles of Thailand. Local herbalists use an extract from the dried roots [see below] for a medicine against impotency. Manufacturers of sex supplements containing Butea superbaare common in Pacific rim countries, but Butea superbais starting to become popular in the Western hemisphere too.

Animal studies [Phytother Res. 2006 Jun;20(6):484-9.] [Andrologia. 2012 May;44 Suppl 1:728-33.] and a couple of small human studies [BJU Int. 2010 Jan;105(2):225-8.] [Asian J Androl. 2003 Sep;5(3):243-6.] have confirmed the prosexual effect of Butea superba.

How Butea superba works exactly is not known. One theory is that the phenols in Butea superba inhibit the enzyme Rho-kinase 2, and thus indirectly cause the amount of nitrogen monoxide in the blood vessels to rise. [J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Dec 18;144(3):483-9.] Some supplements manufacturers take this theory so seriously that they add extracts of Butea superba to their NO boosters.

Another theory is that bioactive phytochemicals in Butea superba imitate the effects of testosterone. [Braz J Med Biol Res. 2010 Sep;43(9):843-52.] [J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Jan 12;121(1):123-9.] [Maturitas. 2008 Jun 20;60(2):131-7.]
[size=14pt]
Case

In 2012 nutritionists at Mahidol University in Thailand published a case study about a 35-year-old man who complained that his sexual interest had increased alarmingly. [Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2012 May;16(3):485-6.]

When the researchers examined the man's blood they discovered a possible cause. The amount of DHT in the man's blood was sky high. Normal values are between 250 and 990 picograms per millilitre, but the man had a DHT concentration of 1512 picograms per millilitre. The researchers' diagnosis was hyperandrogenemia.

The man had been taking a capsule containing a locally-produced Butea superba extract daily for a couple of weeks. Exact quantities are not mentioned in the report. The man had started taking the supplement because he was afraid he was losing his hair.

In Asian countries men and women sometimes use extracts of Butea monosperma and Butea parviflora to counteract baldness, but the man had mistakenly thought that Butea superba would have the same effect. Instead of this, however, the supplement he used had increased the amount of testosterone that was converted into DHT.

DHT has more affinity with the androgen receptor than testosterone does. The researchers suspect that the increase in DHT concentration explained the man's out-of-control libido. They suggested the man stop taking the supplement.

Conclusion

Ergonauts thinking of experimenting with Butea superba would do well to read up first on the side effects of this herb. High doses – 16 g or more – of Butea superba can damage your genes. [Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74(5):923-7.]

Source:

Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2012 May;16(3):485-6.
[/size]

Butea Superba is a tuber vegetable that looks visibly similar to Pueraria mirifica yet appears to be opposite in effect. This tuber has traditionally been used for the enhancement of male vitality and as an aphrodisiac in Thailand, and appears to be a source of androgenic compounds.

When studies investigated the androgenic effects, there appears to be the classical signs of direct androgenic activation (particularly, an increase in liver enzymes in some studies and growth of male sex organs; a decrease in testosterone levels in serum has been noted possibly due to negative feedback) but unlike its sister herb (Pueraria Mirifica) the bioactives mediating these androgenic effects are not currently known nor are their potencies relative to testosterone known.

Low doses of Butea Superba appear to be safe for human consumption, based on limited evidence, although higher doses have been connected to mutagenicity in mice (300-1000mg/kg, a human equivalent of 48mg/kg or above) and as such are not advisable.

Both studies on Butea Superba and its erectogenic effects appear to have their flaws, so although this herb could potentially be an erectogenic aid it is currently not proven to do so.

[size=14pt]
How to Take (recommended dosage, active amounts, other details)

There is not enough information to recommend supplementation of butea superba, but it appears to be traditionally used in the range of 100-250mg. The exact bioactives that underlie its effects are not known

Scientific Research

Table of Contents:

Sources and Composition
Sources
Composition
Pharmacology
Enzymatic Interactions
Neurology
Acetylcholine
Interactions with Organ Systems
Penis
Male Reprodutive Organs
Interactions with Hormones
Testosterone
Estrogen
Luteinizing Hormone
Safety and Toxicity
General

[/size]

i don't want high DHT, when I first got on TRT i was on topicals and i had high DHT and i could not think about anything but sex, i was a man whore and all day i sought out sex and trust me there are lots of lonely housewives waiting for a visit. I had a regular week full of drive by visit, surprised i didn't get fired from the work since i was willing to drop everything and go get laid

misterB said:
i don't want high DHT, when I first got on TRT i was on topicals and i had high DHT and i could not think about anything but sex, i was a man whore and all day i sought out sex and trust me there are lots of lonely housewives waiting for a visit. I had a regular week full of drive by visit, surprised i didn't get fired from the work since i was willing to drop everything and go get laid
misterB

LMFAO.Thats funny.

Well one mans problem is another mans DREAM.LMFAO

F.I.S.T. said:

LMFAO.Thats funny.

Well one mans problem is another mans DREAM.LMFAO
F.I.S.T.
it felt like an addiction,i could not even see it when I was in that mind set. the brain wont stop thinking about sex, constantly hunting down partners.. got to be work after a while, some days i was double booked

once i switched to fortesa it went away, but i also felt really weepy, too much e2 now so i went and got on injections, so much more control and clarity

Glad you got it worked out my friend.I LOVE sex (some say too much,LMFAO) but I wouldn't want to walk around foaming at the mouth.LMFAO.

my hair is falling out and i'm constantly horny as it is. this ostarine i'm taking must convert at a high level to dht in my body.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back