does anyone wrap knees and wrists

flash83

Pumped
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
I found when I push heavy on the bench I wrap my wrists. works great.
Ive seen a guy wrapping his knees to leg press but I couldnt see how it helps.
So does anyone here wrap ur knees and does it really help?

i dont wrap but u should hit dabeast up....he is a world class power lifter...he knows about wraps ect....

I actually just had a conversation about this.... I was wondering how heavy is it neccessary to use wraps on squat, some start to use them after 405, some after 315..... I workout with 455 without issue and no wraps but i do plan on getting them because I want to be safe when dealing with heavier weight and plan to try to hit 600lbs within the next two months

Hell yea I wrap with ace bandages and tiger balm under the damn bandage, you get my age it becomes part of life, its not going to help with the lifting ,it just keeps the damn tiger balm from getting everywhere, tiger balm and Advil becomes your main supplements.

RS50 said:
Hell yea I wrap with ace bandages and tiger balm under the damn bandage, you get my age it becomes part of life, its not going to help with the lifting ,it just keeps the damn tiger balm from getting everywhere, tiger balm and Advil becomes your main supplements.
RS50
+1 to that brother, when you got joints that creak and just plain hurt you know you are getting old!

I wrap wrists for all heavy working sets. 38 and feel 78 sometimes. I can't risk effing up a wrist. Not worth it.

I think its a matter of preference I will use them at 405 or more. They help with any lateral movement that may occur just keeping thing in place.

slimpickings said:
I think its a matter of preference I will use them at 405 or more. They help with any lateral movement that may occur just keeping thing in place.
slimpickings
Ya sometimes lateral movement brings a lot of pain for me when going real heavy on squats and deads.so wraps should be a help for me in that case

might be from the lyme disease I have, but my knees are usually in pain, along with other spots, When squatting over 315 I usually wrap my knees, helps alot, if I dont I get severe pain.

for squats, i typically wear a belt over 495 and use knee wraps over 585..

gotta know how to wrap the knees correctly, and take off the wraps between sets...

so it is a bit of a hastle unless you are doing heavy sets with long rest periods....

never use knee wraps on deads, leg press, etc...

never use wrist wraps, but starting to have pain in wrists so will start if the pain persists..

I always wrapp my wrists , to many fights at a younger age then martial arts fucked them up even more in my late 30s so now at 41 they hurt no matter what i am doing.

right knee started hurting at 455 tonight... didn't go any heavier (knee pain means STOP) so next week will wrap the knees....

I do believe that proper wrapping protects and reinforces the knees....

I think this thread ignores the fact there is many levels of being wrapped. You don't have to have to have a full supportive wrap every time. I 'half-wrap' mine from the start to facilitate warm up, leaving long tails of unused wrap. Sometimes in the winter my knees hurt all the time, so light wrap seems appropriate.

cck99352 said:
right knee started hurting at 455 tonight... didn't go any heavier (knee pain means STOP) so next week will wrap the knees....

I do believe that proper wrapping protects and reinforces the knees....
cck99352
I feel the same way, brother. Done right and not too tight knee wraps are a useful tool in keeping knees stable under heavy load

I used to wrap my wrists when I benced but now that I dont bench anymore I dont wrap anything. I have brand new black and white knee wraps I got at a powerlifting meet but I have never even opened them yet, dont know if I will. I leg press 1500lbs without them for 6 reps. I have used wraps to do shrugs before but I stopped useing them because I feel if I cant lift the weight up its too heavy and I dont need to use my wrists to hold the weight instead of my grip strength.

I only wrap my wrist when benching low heavy reps over 455 anything less doesn't bother me,but I don't wrap my knees unless maxing which isn't ofter. only near competition.

i put knee sleaves on leg days and use straps on a few back excersizes, i wrap my wrists on my last set on presses

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.