Figure 8-Straps.?.?.?

BrotherIron

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Has anyone tried them? How did you like or dislike them? I use Oly straps and for those who don't know, Oly straps are just a short piece of climbing nylon taped. They allow the user to get 1 revolution around the bar and as soon as you begin to open your hand, the bar drops. This the preferred strap to use for Oy lifting and since that's my background that's what I've always used. Since I'm not performing the classical lifts anymore I'm thinking of trying something different and I've read that a lot of people like the figure-8 straps.

So has anyone used them in training and what did you think?

71QhIxSdVnL._AC_SX679_.jpg

ive tried almost every strap imaginable, not certain if i did these.
my preferred are basic leather they just grip so much better

Most if not all strongmen / women are using these in training and comps. I know Cerberus makes them although there may be some other companies making them too.

I have seen figure 8 straps but never used them. They look like a great option though. If you try them let us know what you think. My old straps are getting to the point of replacement, and the figure 8s look intriguing.

i looked into these nope never used them, like the looks but kinda wondering exactly how etc

I used them when I went to strongman nationals. They worked great for the axle deadlift. I love mine.

How about regular stuff?

A couple of my friends compete at NAS Nats and they're the ones who turned me onto them. I'll probably pick up a pair in the coming months. My old oly straps are starting to become a bit unsafe b/c the nylon it tearing.

May sound funny but my motorcycle tie downs that go around my handle bars are figure 8 and I have used them for dead lifts. They are a little long so I grab the straps right above the bar and pull. I may take a picture and post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.