Finding a new primary care physician/GP

puff88

Jacked
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Greetings all - I am currently in search of a new primary care physician. I know that not all of us may be comfortable discussing where we are from or what state we live in, and may not be a great idea in general - However, was wondering if maybe there is a way for us to start some type of thread here where we can share positive experiences and recommendations of GP's that we have had success with either currently or in the past.

What I am looking for in a new primary is someone who is open minded and willing to truly talk and consult with you rather than just jotting down your every word on a note pad and making it a record for your insurance to see everything that comes out of your mouth. A doctor who you can have an open discussion with about how you are on self prescribed TRT, or who you go through a clinic to treat your low T, maybe have done some steroids in the past, open about your "bodybuilding" lifestyle, and them still be willing to care for you and treat you, discuss your bloodwork and understand why at times some things may be a little out of range, etc.

What I am NOT asking for here is a list of doctors who are just going to openly prescribe you what ever you want all willy-nilly with no questions. That is not my goal here.

I have had trouble with doctors even considering having a conversation with me about hormone levels, let alone one that I feel I can speak openly with and focus on my health and well being first and not resort to being a robot who stays within a predetermined "box" when it comes to treatment, options, methods of care, etc.

Does that make sense? I mean lets be real, all the people in the fitness industry, either pro body builder or modern day Instagram fitness model, has a doctor that was referred to them that is willing to be open minded about their lifestyle.

Ill start with stating I am in the northeast, and will leave it at that until the conversation gets going.

Hope this is not a stupid ask - and hopefully it can help some others on here as well.

Thanks!

can always use the anonymous posting option, that way people can discuss and if they choose post as anonymous so their user id not shown

Yes, just check that box next to "Posting as Anonymous?" and your username will become an alphanumeric jumble just for that one post. A good use for that is posting about something sensitive and don't want to have it traced back to you.

Good to know. That is a feature that is new to me as I don't believe the other boards I am on offer it.

We have numerous things other boards dont have such as vpns, encrypted pms, encrypted notes just to name a few 😉

Well ill tell you one thing dont go on first meetings. I thought i had a good one. Got honest with her told her i just want someone to make sure im healthy while i handle my own trt my way. Yes yes she says ill be that. Bullshit. Right away she just keeps harping on getting off n what damage can possibly happen down the road. I have a mom n a fiance i dont need anothe life manager lady. Besides she only points out problems not solutions. My hemoglobin is at 17.7 and my hemocratit is at 53%. Oh thats from the testosterone. Yeah lady i know drain my blood or give me a script for theuraputic blood donation. No so i fired her. She sarted hiding test results from me. Im on a mychart with the hospital. Im supposed to get all my results just like her. She blocked me from my results so i fired her. On the lookout for a new gp myself. I stopped test 1 month ago n my levels are still high now my sonagram on my kidney shows my gall bladder has to come out. I was already taking a break anyway at the suggestion of Grim n some brothers at home to get accurate test results anyway. The point being surgery is no good with high red blood cell count cause of blood clots. She could of easyly avoided this with taking blood n lowering my hemocratit. Srry for the rant. Get a good gp or dont tell them squat they will become a hindrance to your lifestyle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.