Forearm training

V

Vino 1

No I'm not talking about yanking the ole chicken here. What do some of you do to train your forearms? My arms are long and my forearms are F'ing pitiful.

Genetics will play a role here unless maybe mega dose some hgh and insulin lol its not easy to put size on forearms.

Yea I've never used wraps. I do forearm curls with a barbell and that burns the shit out of them.

Use a foot long piece of wooden rod approx 1.5 inches in thickness, drill hole in middle and thread a quarter inch rope through it..then cut the rope length to 3 feet and tie a 5 lb weight to it.. Grab with both hands held straight out in front of u and alternate twisting motion with each hand to wind the weight up then down...works the top of forearm really hard..
Then for the other side of forearm hold hands down and in front of u and wind it up and down..it burns like a mofo but works..increase weight when it gets easy

My forearms are pretty good size and all I do is sit on a bench and take a 65lb dumbbell in my hand and put my wrist on my knee with my palm up and do wrist curls. I do 3 sets of 15 reps per arm. Then I stand up still holding the weight and do reverse wrist curls, palms down and curling knuckles upward. Same thing 3 sets of 15 reps per arm. Once a week and that's it. I also do not wear gloves or use any kind of strap or wrap at all for anything. I do all my workouts barehand no help, I feel if I cant do it myself then it is too heavy keep working at getting stronger. If I cant hold it by myself without any kind of help then i got to go lighter. I think that has helped my forearms grow and get strong.

Always pull strapless man, use farmer's walks and heavy shrugs as accessories.

agree that strapless = good forearms... try to avoid using straps where practicable....

however, i still use straps on heavy sets - don't want to limit my back/traps to what my forearms can take....

I've added about an inch last few months behind the back forearm curls and sitting curls, moderate weight lots of reps until they feel like there gonna explode.

49ER said:
I've added about an inch last few months behind the back forearm curls and sitting curls, moderate weight lots of reps until they feel like there gonna explode.
49ERI pretty much do the same bro, I also add in the forearm tool that blue speaks of, the one we use is actually a manufactured one, and it really does kill. I also hang my hands of the end of a bench right at the wrist while sitting on the bench with your arms at a 90 deg. and roll a barbell down your palm then curl it back up, not moving your arms. Killer gorilla forearms bro!

Well 20 plus years of marriage has given me big forearms. I don't do them at all. And unless I see someone with tooth pick forearms I discourage them from even doing individual exercises for their forearms. Why the hell do you want your forearms bigger? the bigger your forearms are the bigger you have to make you biceps. Trust me, I have big forearms. Plus forearms get a work out with every gripping exercise you do. Another problem with working the forearms and wrists it the extra muscle formed around the wrist tends to pinch nerves and constrict blood flow to the hands leading to a carpal tunnel problem causing a numbness of he fingers and hands. Just some food for thought when your blasting those forearms trying to look like Popeye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.