Gluten free carbs - suggestions needed.

RockShawn

DEDICATION AND DESIRE
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
Obviously sweet potatoes and regular potatoes and fruits an veggies. Does anyone have a favorite GF pasta, or bread or whatever? Really wanna try avoiding gluten all offseason but wanna enjoy other types of carbs.

RockShawn said:
Obviously sweet potatoes and regular potatoes and fruits an veggies. Does anyone have a favorite GF pasta, or bread or whatever? Really wanna try avoiding gluten all offseason but wanna enjoy other types of carbs.
RockShawnEzekiel bread has quite a few Gluten free versions....check them out at www.foodforlife.com What about Quinoa?

TSizemore said:
RockShawn said:
RockShawnEzekiel bread has quite a few Gluten free versions....check them out at www.foodforlife.com What about Quinoa?
I like the taste of quinoa but the tiny little pieces gag me a little. Still a good option.

Ill look at Ezekiel for sure. Need to branch out on their flavors.

Hanzo said:
Has to be food or I'd suggest;
HanzoI've got some of that stuff. And I may have to resort to it some. Especially post wo. And maybe intra wo after seeing the lifting schedule HG set up. Holy hell.

RockShawn said:
Hanzo said:
Has to be food or I'd suggest;
HanzoI've got some of that stuff. And I may have to resort to it some. Especially post wo. And maybe intra wo after seeing the lifting schedule HG set up. Holy hell.

Did you have SciFit? It was the best, but AllAmerican EFX (same company that invented krealkylyn) made it for SciFit and now offer it. I like to mix it with lemon/lime e*mergen*c - awesome cherry limeade flavor.

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=2000598

They also made shockwave for SciFit and now offer it. AllAmerican really helped SciFit have some of the best supps around. Cutting edge for sure.

is going gluten free really that big of a difference? or do the results vary from person to person?

Youngtricep98 said:
is going gluten free really that big of a difference? or do the results vary from person to person?
Youngtricep98Gluten is just bad for the human body in general. Some have developed mild intolerance (like my 9yo daughter) that show up as stomach aches, belly bloat and reduced brain function due to the gluten causing nutrients to be less efficiently absorbed in the intestines. While on the other end of the spectrum, there is celiac disease in which gluten destroys the Celia in the intestinal wall and no nutrients get absorbed causing several malnourishment. Most people never show signs of gluten intolerance but I feel like its one thing I can definitely keep out of my diet.

A vast majority of MLB players took on a gluten free diet this past off season. All have come back leaner, stronger and more agile. I think there's something to it personally. I've seen first hand with my daughter the difference in her physique and her demeanor when when we eliminate gluten versus when she eats whatever she wants. That hard part is that gluten in everything kids find yummy (I guess adults too for that matter) bread, pasta, chips, crackers, some rice dishes, cereal, even in your oats. While some foods have trace amounts, some are down right loaded.

Now I know we can all live without the list of foods I listed above, as a kid its way more difficult to resort to veggie chips instead of crackers or have to eat bread-less Pbj sandwiches. I for one love pasta which is what prompted me to start this thread. Can I do without it, absolutely, but if there's a good alternative for me to have every once in a while, I'd like to explore it.

Celiac's affects different people differently. My sister has it, and let me tell you, mal-nourishment is not her problem. She is (was) severely overweight. The problem with Gluten is that it is in just about everything. To get Gluten free food for a sustainable diet is really a chore and a lot of hard work. For, the threat of cross contamination is very high in most factories. "Gluten is a storage protein found in Wheat, Barley, and Rye"......so, like I said...It's hard to get away from.

I've had suspicions that it could contribute to overweight/obese conditions but hadn't seen it personally.

Is gluten a GMO protein?

No, gluten (from Latin gluten, "glue") is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat and related grain species, including barley and rye. Gluten gives elasticity to dough, helping it rise and keep its shape and often gives the final product a chewy texture.

Gluten is the composite of a gliadin and a glutenin, which is conjoined with starch in the endosperm of various grass-related grains. The prolamin and glutelin from wheat (gliadin, which is alcohol-soluble, and glutenin, which is only soluble in dilute acids or alkalis) constitute about 80% of the protein contained in wheat fruit. Being insoluble in water, they can be purified by washing away the associated starch.

So, gluten occurs naturally in grains and grass (corn).

And yeah, many people are allergic to gluten products. As you noted, some symptoms are digestion related, because of the covering on the grain .... grassy grains don't want to be eaten. Obesity, as T noted, is also a byproduct of gluten sensitivity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.