Wacker

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I know its been awhile since I posted anything here but I needed a break and life kind of kicked my ass for awhile. So I ended up coming off of everything for over a year and a half and just felt like shit but had to for health and personal issues. This is a long post but know there are some guys with a lot of knowledge on this topic (T-Size). I have been speaking with two doctors one a urologist and one a TRT doctor. Both have qualified me to start TRT thru blood work, both have different ideas to say the least. I have my final appointments set up for next week with them but plan on using the TRT doctor.

Here is the difference:
1. The Urologist tested me twice and only checked my PSA, Total Test, Free Test, Estrogens and CBC with Platelets. When I was talking to the urologist and asking him general questions like what range would he suggest my test be, how frequent would he prescribe the injections, did he prescribe a AI, he was vague and just kept saying that everyone is different and it would be adjusted if needed but would not even give me a start point. He has all the results and I am scheduled to discuss the final plan Thursday.
2. The TRT doctor saw my test results and instantly said I need to get a CMP Panel, Lipid Panel, Thyroid Panel w/TSH, IGF-1, Prolactin, LH and FSH, and DHT tests. This tells me he at least knows what he is talking about!! He sent me that script and I will get tested Monday, but based on my test levels he has already said I more than qualify. (of course he is a TRT doc lol)
What I found interesting is that when I asked him what level he would look to maintain he said he would keep my free test between 17-22 ng/dl. So he does not use total test as the determining factor in prescribing the dose. From what I have researched this seems to be the optimal way to go.

Questions: Do you have any experience with being prescribed to free test not total test? What dose would you expect to get to maintain that level of free test.

Just a FYI on the test results so far: Total Test 70/Free Test 3.3, Second blood test was a Total T of 79 the urologist didn't check free test again. (yes its crashed did not do well with a PCT plan)

Hey Brother welcome back.

Your free test is a ratio of your total testosterone. This ratio may vary per individual.
Based on what your saying it seems the trt doc will increase your dose based on free test. Regardless of the dose both total testosterone and free test will increase.

Has he told what he plans to give you? Don't let him experiment on you, ask for injections.

Definitely ask for injections. Generally, they like to prescribe the gel or patch.
Free test is a great indicator, like Jshredz said, it's a ratio...... the higher your free test, the higher the total test; but that doesn't necessarily reciprocate. A high total test does not automatically mean a high free test. Mainly because total test includes Test that is bound to Albumin and SHBG. This Test is usually bound so tight, that it's not really bioavailable.
What I'm real surprised with, as thorough as this TRT doc is, he isn't asking for those SHBG levels.

Thanks Jshredz and Tsize, they are both proposing injections only as it was all I told them I would do.

I spoke to the TRT doc today and he said he would start me on 110-120mgs test c a week. He did say he recommends two pins a week so that is good. I don't have my final appointment till Tuesday of next week with him, I should have the blood test back Wednesday I will let you know if SHBG shows up. Interested to see my DHT levels as well never had them checked.

I speak to the urologist on Thursday to see what he is going to recommend as a start dose I know he uses test c but think he is a once every two week pin doc.

I am more concerned with what they know and how they want to manage things than the total dose, I can always raise and add things but it will be nice to have a script and regular blood work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.