Got my trainer cert renewed today

Awesome brotha. I've always thought about getting into being a PT and doing it as a side job. I just don't have the patience to build up a clientele base.

I used to do it but you have to accumulate your own clientele or have a home gym. From my experience gyms don't like personal trainers working with clients in their gyms, at least when I was in TN they didn't like it. Even was upfront with a few and they just toss your business cards so make you a business plan bro on how to build your clientele and go for broke.
I know I seem negative about a few things but no one out there cares so you have to work around obsticles and or keep things on the down low.

GOOD LUCK BAMBINO, GIVE THEM HELL!!! 😉

I used to do it but you have to accumulate your own clientele or have a home gym. From my experience gyms don't like personal trainers working with clients in their gyms, at least when I was in TN they didn't like it. Even was upfront with a few and they just toss your business cards so make you a business plan bro on how to build your clientele and go for broke.
I know I seem negative about a few things but no one out there cares so you have to work around obsticles and or keep things on the down low.

ThorRight , homie I worked at a private gym in Vegas, and a boxing gym in Hollywood the gym in Hollywood was owned by an Armenian family they were really cool to me I find family owned gyms the best for trainers ..thanks for the encouragement homie

Thortruth im a manager at my gym with multiple certifications.
i'm not even allowed to train.
gyms want their own trainers, part liability part $

truth im a manager at my gym with multiple certifications.
i'm not even allowed to train.
gyms want their own trainers, part liability part $
GRIMYep its a huge money maker for gyms. My gym has a few signs up that no PT without prior auth.m that auth comes with a fat cut to the gym and you wearing their staff tshirt lol.. you basically become a contract trainer .. but typically wont lock u into only their gym at least. You dont work for them they will tell u.. its smart because then you arent an employee and gym gets out of providing bens

Yep its a huge money maker for gyms. My gym has a few signs up that no PT without prior auth.m that auth comes with a fat cut to the gym and you wearing their staff tshirt lol.. you basically become a contract trainer .. but typically wont lock u into only their gym at least. You dont work for them they will tell u.. its smart because then you arent an employee and gym gets out of providing bens
kragonmany are independent contractors "allowed" to train yup

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.