Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Grilled Mediterranean Ahi Tuna
Submitted by: MILLCITY2

Ahi Tuna (Yellowfin) Steaks Grilled with a Mediterranean Flair. Yellowfin Tuna or Ahi Tuna is usually served either Raw, as in sushi or Seared. or Grilled. When I first had this tuna grilled in spain with olive oil and salt I couldn't believe it was fish at all. This recipe is a bit of a cross between seared italian style and Spanish grilled.
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 10
Number of Servings: 4

Ingredients

Directions
1) Preheat Outside Grill on Medium High setting when you start your prep. Or start your charcoal grill about 30 minutes before you plan to grill tuna.

2) Pat tuna steaks with paper towels to remove excess moisture then place in a shallow dish.

3) Mix all spices with oil and lemon juice in a small bowl with a fork or wisk. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes to blend together.

4) Brush mixture on both sides of Tuna steaks and allow steaks to rest for another 5 minutes.

5) Grill steaks on hot grill 2-5 minutes on each side to attain desired doneness. For well done there should still be some pinkness to the center. Most prefer barely warm red centers. Be Brave, you will be surprised at the flavorful moistness and un-fishyness of this Tuna!

Overcooking to a uniform color would be a sad waste of a great dish!

Nutritional Info

• Servings Per Recipe: 4
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 229.2

• Total Fat: 5.3 g
  • Cholesterol: 82.2 mg
  • Sodium: 357.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 0.5 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
  • Protein: 42.5 g

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.