gun controll

not really truthful, but funny

Hitler for 1...He actually eased the gun control laws allowing people to own guns.

Obama for another...Never have I heard Obama say you shouldn't own a gun...

ppl really need to learn history more than a few talking points.

GRIM said:
Hitler for 1...He actually eased the gun control laws allowing people to own guns.

GRIM
All I can say, is he and any-other politician should only be protected by a one man with only a 10 round magazine, if it is good enough for me or anyone else to protect our self and family. it should be good enough for them also.

RS50 said:
GRIM said:

GRIM
All I can say, is he and any-other politician should only be protected by a one man with only a 10 round magazine, if it is good enough for me or anyone else to protect our self and family. it should be good enough for them also.
Im 100% pro gun, personally I think congress, the president and the Supreme Court have no business in anything to do with guns 'laws' besides perhaps ensuring their QUALITY.

GRIM said:

GRIM
Eased gun laws for who? Other nazis so they could kill more Jews? It would be political suicide for Obama to says Americans have no right to own guns. and he knows that many of his supporters do own guns. But the banning of so called assault rifles would be just the first step.

Bronco said:
GRIM said:

GRIM
Eased gun laws for who? Other nazis so they could kill more Jews? It would be political suicide for Obama to says Americans have no right to own guns. and he knows that many of his supporters do own guns. But the banning of so called assault rifles would be just the first step.
after wwI gun laws were much more strict.
Yes he didnt allow jews to own guns, he however laxed gun laws.
Cant very well say he was taking away when he wasnt...

Ummm Bush was for assault weapons ban...

Gun Control is just like any other prohibition, it doesnt work.

First it relies on the fact that if guns were banned that criminals wouldnt go buy them on the black market and actually follow the law.

Second it clearly puts more power into the black market, furthering the problem, and taking guns out of the hands of responsible citizens.

Augustwest said:
Gun Control is just like any other prohibition, it doesnt work.

First it relies on the fact that if guns were banned that criminals wouldnt go buy them on the black market and actually follow the law.

Second it clearly puts more power into the black market, furthering the problem, and taking guns out of the hands of responsible citizens.
Augustwest
Not to mention the tax revenue generated buy gun and ammo purchases would cease if he banned them. I'm sure that was a lot of the reason prohibition was overturned in the first place. It was still going on but the government wasn't getting their cut.

the way i look at it, if everyone carried a gun, there would be alot less crime!

LBM200 said:
the way i look at it, if everyone carried a gun, there would be alot less crime!
LBM200or itd be like the wild west 😛

GRIM said:
LBM200 said:
LBM200or itd be like the wild west 😛
You can bet your ass its like the wild west when I walk into where ever. More than likely there is someone else in there with one so I make damn sure I got mine! Hell of a lot better than getting plugged unarmed!

I read this very interesting argument, made by someone I would consider to be one of the least likely to make such a case; Sam Harris (outspoken atheist, author, commentator).

"Like most gun owners, I understand the ethical importance of guns and cannot honestly wish for a world without them. I suspect that sentiment will shock many readers. Wouldn’t any decent person wish for a world without guns? In my view, only someone who doesn’t understand violence could wish for such a world. A world without guns is one in which the most aggressive men can do more or less anything they want. It is a world in which a man with a knife can rape and murder a woman in the presence of a dozen witnesses, and none will find the courage to intervene. There have been cases of prison guards (who generally do not carry guns) helplessly standing by as one of their own was stabbed to death by a lone prisoner armed with an improvised blade. The hesitation of bystanders in these situations makes perfect sense—and “diffusion of responsibility” has little to do with it. The fantasies of many martial artists aside, to go unarmed against a person with a knife is to put oneself in very real peril, regardless of one’s training. The same can be said of attacks involving multiple assailants. A world without guns is a world in which no man, not even a member of Seal Team Six, can reasonably expect to prevail over more than one determined attacker at a time. A world without guns, therefore, is one in which the advantages of youth, size, strength, aggression, and sheer numbers are almost always decisive. Who could be nostalgic for such a world?"

dowork said:
I read this very interesting argument, made by someone I would consider to be one of the least likely to make such a case; Sam Harris (outspoken atheist, author, commentator).

"Like most gun owners, I understand the ethical importance of guns and cannot honestly wish for a world without them. I suspect that sentiment will shock many readers. Wouldn’t any decent person wish for a world without guns? In my view, only someone who doesn’t understand violence could wish for such a world. A world without guns is one in which the most aggressive men can do more or less anything they want. It is a world in which a man with a knife can rape and murder a woman in the presence of a dozen witnesses, and none will find the courage to intervene. There have been cases of prison guards (who generally do not carry guns) helplessly standing by as one of their own was stabbed to death by a lone prisoner armed with an improvised blade. The hesitation of bystanders in these situations makes perfect sense—and “diffusion of responsibility” has little to do with it. The fantasies of many martial artists aside, to go unarmed against a person with a knife is to put oneself in very real peril, regardless of one’s training. The same can be said of attacks involving multiple assailants. A world without guns is a world in which no man, not even a member of Seal Team Six, can reasonably expect to prevail over more than one determined attacker at a time. A world without guns, therefore, is one in which the advantages of youth, size, strength, aggression, and sheer numbers are almost always decisive. Who could be nostalgic for such a world?"
dowork
Dude that's awesome. POST OF THE DAY!!

and you however have the flipside...

Penis extensions. im all for guns but fuck on facebook its rambo post after rambo post cause i 'gots a gun'

Swear most men wouldnt have a set w/o a gun...which is sad

To carry your weapon in public, you really should consider all possible scenarios that you are signing up for.

Simple altercations can become needlessly deadly in the presence of a weapon. A scuffle that exposes a gun in a person’s waistband, for instance, can quickly become a fight to the death—where the first person to get his hands on the weapon may feel justified using it in “self-defense.”

Just something to chew on, before you strap-on (so to speak lol)..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.