Hafþór björnsson squats 880 pounds in preparation for his first powerlifting meet

EG News

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
At 400 pounds, haters may say that Hafþór Björnsson’s 880-pound squat is only double his bodyweight, but 880 pounds is 880 pounds—and it’s damn impressive.

The 2018 World’s Strongest Man winner is not—I repeat, NOT—a powerlifter. His deadlift is strong because it has to be in order to pick up all those heavy objects off of the floor at various strongman shows, but to be a relatively untrained squatter moving that kind of weight is a testament to his raw strength. (Think about it, “Thor” rarely has to squat any deeper than a quarter-squat to pick up a yolk or press a log overhead).

But it’s a good thing he’s practicing, since he’s competing in “Thor’s Powerlifting Challenge” meet on December 15 in Laugardalshöll, Reykjavík, Iceland. We’ll keep you looped in with his progress and results at the meet, but until then, take a look at this impressive squat.

No

Continue reading...

I stopped going over 315 some time ago, just keeping the reps between 20 and 30x 5 sets. I never wrapped my knees even when going over 400 but and still don't but also want to save them for old age lol.
For the strong men that is a workout weight 😉.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.