Hafthor "thor" bjornsson wins the crown at the world’s ultimate strongman competition

EG News

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
The Icelandic powerhouse continues to blast through his competition and reeled in another first-place finish at the inaugural World’s Ultimate Strongman competition in Dubai. This win is coming off the back of his victories at both the World’s Strongest Man competition and the Arnold Strongman Classic. Hafthor "Thor" Bjornsson was followed on the podium by Brian Shaw in second place and Mateusz Kieliszkowski in third.
[RELATED1]
This new event was made up of six iconic strongman events:
  • Truck Pull
  • Arm Over Arm Pull
  • Silver Dollar Deadlift
  • Yoke Walk
  • Press Medley
  • Atlas Stones
Thor posted several impressive clips from the event, where the musclebound marvel completed a 1,145-pound silver dollar deadlift. Let that sink in.

He also powered through the super yoke event as well.

This Icelandic warrior clearly did an excellent job at prepping for this competition, judging by his extensive training regimen.

View this post on Instagram​

Trying out my new 231kg/509lbs Atlas Stone. I’ve never needed to do more than 210kg Atlas Stone in competition so technically this is a PB! @thorspowerprogram @australianstrengthcoach @thorspowergym

A post shared by Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (@thorbjornsson) on Oct 16, 2018 at 1:06pm PDT

View this post on Instagram​

Last squat session before @wusdubai Only 300kg/661lbs on the bar but I’m attacking it like its a much heavier weight. This event isn’t in the competition, but I’ll be back to squatting heavy again when the competition is over. How much do you think I’ll get up to? @thorspowerprogram @australianstrengthcoach @stanefferding @roguefitness @sbdapparel @nuunhydration @swiftwicksocks @theverticaldiet @thorspowergym

A post shared by Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (@thorbjornsson) on Oct 18, 2018 at 11:53am PDT

Thor is having a career year, and is showing no signs of slowing down.
[RELATED2]
No

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.