HAPPY VETERANS DAY

RockShawn

DEDICATION AND DESIRE
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
Thank you thank you to all who have served and to those still serving our country in the armed services. I truly appreciate your sacrifice and commitment to defending the USA.

Post of the day!

Beat me to it. Yes, as a vet myself. I understand and appreciate each and every one of you who have served and currently serving. This country wouldn't be the same without you. My hats off to you. Thank you.

If I had it my way, vets would never have to work another day in their life. Thank you.

RockShawn said:
Thank you thank you to all who have served and to those still serving our country in the armed services. I truly appreciate your sacrifice and commitment to defending the USA.
RockShawn
Thank you Rock for this post!!!

AND THANK YOU TO ALL MY BROS HERE WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY IN THE ARMED FORCES!!!

Thank God for ALL of the men and women who have served, and those who continue to serve our country in the armed forces!!!

Every Veterans Day, my dad and I had the same dialogue intro to our conversation.
I'd call my dad and he'd say, "What are you doing son?" and I'd respond, "Calling my FAVORITE VETERAN!"
And we'd both laugh. He loved it and I did that EVERY Vets Day for as long as I can remember.
Being an only child, I'm sure no one else told him that for years.
The ONLY other person that he EVER mentioned who thanked him was when he first got off the plane from Veitnam.
One person thanked him. And he was only 18 years old then(he went to Nam when he was 17, long story).
He left this planet when he was 63, imagine that, 45 years and no one thanked him for putting his life on the life for 18months in Nam, except for me and one other person!
SAD!!!

Typing this now, I realize how much I miss him!!!!!!!!!He's been gone 2 years last month

THANK A VET TODAY!!!

THEY HAVE PROBABLY NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE!!!

A few years ago, I had the privilege to see the Blue Angels perform.
Afterward, there we long lines of people getting Blue Angels hats, books, programs, all sorts of memorabilia
autographed by the pilots.
Standing in line with my kids, I thanked each one of the pilots for their service to our country.
The response was the same for each of them(the lines were for enough apart that their reactions were seperate from one another).
They almost did a double-take when I said it.
The look on their face was like they had NEVER heard someone say that!
And they very warmly thanked me for thanking them!!!
Very Sad Really, when they probably sign thousands of autographs a year and have probably NEVER hear that before.

We as a nation have A LOT to be thankful for, including being thankful for our VETS!!!

Thank GOD
and thank a Vet for their service

If it was not for our Vets we would be speaking German. My boy has been in Afghanistan for the past (5) years under the guise of Logistics, We can not have any communication with him other than a phone call twice a year and (3) letters per year. He will not tell us his location or his duty other than him communicating with the locals. What really pisses me off is The Dominican\Puerto Rican\Caribbean day parade has more attendees, They do not understand if it were not for American blood shed in foreign countries, they would not have a fucking parade.

Zombie. Thank you for this post. Anyone who served in that hell hole nam is a god damn fucking hero in my book. Your Dad deserved to be thanked every damn day of his life. I am thanking him now.
Thank you Sir, and thank you for serving. RIP

AWESOME POST!!!!

(((THANKS))) to all our vets out there who defend us with love and honor.. Fearless and faithful!! Today is your day all.. Thank you again!!!

JM750 said:
Zombie. Thank you for this post. Anyone who served in that hell hole nam is a god damn fucking hero in my book. Your Dad deserved to be thanked every damn day of his life. I am thanking him now.
Thank you Sir, and thank you for serving. RIP
JM750
I AGREE 100% WITH YOU!!!

AND On behalf of my dad, THANK YOU SO MUCH JM!!!

zombieslayer said:
I AGREE 100% WITH YOU!!!

AND On behalf of my dad, THANK YOU SO MUCH JM!!!
zombieslayer
i don't know what it is, but I get teary eyed and worked up about this shit. I watch war movies and documentaries and get all worked up emotionally.
It is almost like I served in a war in a past life. I don't know how else to explain it.
I have always been like this.

JM750 said:
i don't know what it is, but I get teary eyed and worked up about this shit. I watch war movies and documentaries and get all worked up emotionally.
It is almost like I served in a war in a past life. I don't know how else to explain it.
I have always been like this.
JM750Right there with you bro. I feel like I shoulda been there.

Thanks for the thanks guys!! And thank you to my fellow brothers and sisters in arms and all you vets out there!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.