HDL Shift

slinsane

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Just thought I would share an experience. Nothing chemically for the last four months. I wanted to lean out some and I have never tried a low sugar, low fat diet.

So I got rid of my fats for the most part. No red meat, cheese, nuts, avocado, olive oil, fish oil, mayo, and coconut oil. I used quite a bit of healthy fats staple pre diet but did not hesitate to use butter as well.

I ate chicken, fish, and shrimp while on the diet. It was broiled, cooked out, or raw.

Before the diet I was definitely carrying more body fat. I lost approx 25 pounds in about 10 weeks. Lost about 3 inches on my waist. Leaned out nicely. I lost a little on lifts but not too bad given the fat loss overall.

Now for the kicker. Before all this diet bullshit my HDL was 55. Before the diet I was eating wings and burgers once or twice a week. I was getting kinda fat but my labs were really nice.

After I dieted my HDL dropped down to 41. My LDL before dieting was 119 and after the diet 101. The 101 was better after dieting but the HDL is more important than LDL from what a few cardiologists told me.

The ratio even got a little worse. Triglycerides got a smidgen better after the diet but it was never bad in the first place.

I am not sure about the whole low fat diet which I have never tried. I also was doing more cardio. What gives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.