HELP WITH CARDIO

killinit88

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
i dont need help with what types, but input on it wouldnt hurt. My main question is when to do cardio, by the time i am done lifting i am fucking beat so i never have the drive to do cardio. My new schedule would allow me to do cardio in the am and lift in the PM. What you guys think about fasted AM cardio, how much is enough, how much is too much? Do you eat or drink anything before doing to to preserve mass? I am in need of the guys that know the science with this shit to help me out as i am still learning on that aspect.

Fasted cardio works very well. I prefer HIIT. You could do it in the A.M. and have all day to recover.

type of cardio really depends on what stage you are at... i always believe in do as little cardio as possible. so if start a cut cycle i begin with more frequent workouts and small diet changes (no cardio yet)... as i get leaner and need more prgress more diet manipulation and add a very small amount of cardio.. a good cardio article is http://www.t-nation.com/training/regular-cardio-will-make-you-fat

•  When using cardio while dieting, begin by doing the minimum necessary for fat loss, not the maximum.

•  The most effective cardio for retaining muscle is the kind you don't need to recover from, which is walking.

•  When it comes to doing cardio for fat loss, it's either slow and easy (walking) or fast and torrid (HIIT). The middle ground can make you fatter.

•  Don't think of HIIT as calorie burning cardio, but rather muscle building cardio.

I really like TNation, I get the Weekly Dose. I started using HIIT after I stopped running 6 miles/week because my back started hurting. I made more substantive, obvious gains on HIIT so quickly it was phenomenal. I was cutting weight for my final few MMA bouts and I also engaged in the tire flip, etc.

The great thing about HIIT is you can atart out sprinting 10 seconds, walk 20 seconds, sprint 10 seconds, etc. until you've gone 2-5 minutes. It's that easy. Pay attention to your body and you'll be surprised how fast you can progress.

I did fasted cardio to get ready for my show. I think it worked great I got the results I wanted and I started dieting late and had to lose quick. My only problem was recovery time in the morning I was beat but I was also doing it for a hour. I think hit is a great way to go a few times but IMO you do need that steady state cardio. I know what you mean about being beat after your workout but for the longest time I did 35 minutes post workout it sucked at first but it became a routine.

Kman, brought up 2 very interesting points here.

"The most effective cardio for retaining muscle is the kind you don't need to recover from, which is walking".

"Don't think of HIIT as calorie burning cardio, but rather muscle building cardio".

I'm just saying that if you engage in HIIT and it's cardio which builds muscle, why would you choose any other cardio, like walking? I totally agree with your statement on HIIT. Maybe I'm missing your point, you know how it is, like texting on your cell phone and you sometimes can't grasp the nuances of the convo. 😛

I have to play devils advocate here. The worse thing you can do is fast before cardio. There are no proven benefits of it. "Unfortunately, the rate of breakdown exceeds your body's ability to use the extra fatty acids for fuel. In other words, you have a lot of extra fatty acids floating around in the blood that can't be used by working muscles.
Ultimately, these fatty acids are repackaged into triglycerides post-workout, and then shuttled back into fat cells. So you've gone to excessive lengths…only to wind up at the same place."

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-myth-of-cardio-before-breakfast-debunked.html

Food is the only thing that gets me to where I want to be. I am done taking supps like L-carintine etc.. to aid in the fat loss, but I will take proven stuff like t3 , clen...

15 min jump rope = 1 hour jog Lol

if you wanna swell up your muscles at the same time, buy a jump rope that is 2 - 3 lbs. Weighted,

http://www.heavyjumprope.com/?tag=champion-barbell

lmao! hell yea i have one

Joker said:
To much cardio is a bad thing for some.
Body builders. I'm talking the big boys.
You think those guys are using HIIT in their routines.
No fucking way.
Those big big boys are EATING. ... LIFTING. .. SLEEPING. .
JUICING. ..SLINING.. LIL BIT OF SYNTHOL FOR DESSERT... Maybe some walking.

Nothing wrong with HIIT if you're going for a fighters build our just want to look good all around. BUT.
It depends on your goals.

So I see his point on the walking and retaining of muscle. Sometimes to much of a good thing IS bad.
Joker
I is a fighter!

I was gonna reference the same article Krustus did. Good read on cardio and why you need specific types depending on the demand you have.

There is also an article at t-nation on fasted cardio. I won't link, just search "cardio" and you'll find it.

One of the best cardios I've ever done is an evening walk. A fairly fast walk for about 30 min just before bed.

I have quite a bit of flexibility due to me running my own business would it be a good idea to do cardio in the morning and then work out at night with weights

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.