millenium girl

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Shout Master
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
As you might know I have decided to leave the gym (or should I say the kindergarten) and work out at home.
I have cardio equipment (stepper arm bicycle, treadmill) a bench and dumbbells but I was wondering what you guys have?
What do you think you actually need to have good workouts at home?

i no longer have anything besides a over the door gym, does its purpose when i cant get in

I’m still at a traditional gym. Maybe one day I’ll get some home cardio.

I have a half rack where I can do squats and bench, overhead press, close grip bench etc..... have a gazelle I love more than a bike. I have bands I can wrap around the half bench for constant tension on curls, military press or tricep extensions...

I still held onto quite a bit of my stuff not as much as before though. Still have bench press plates dumbbells up to 75 lb. Two types of benches for Incline decline. Heavy duty floor mats for stretching. Have a professional spinning cycle. Along with a elliptical and a stepper. Really have to motivate myself to use any of the stuff at home some good loud music really seems to help LOL. I think it really takes a special kind of person to use their stuff at home most people just hang their clothing on it and let it collect dust.

Just added a trap bar to my little garage gym.

Hard bump on this sort of old post in case anyone besides me wants to brag about their home gym or vent about not having one.

Misanthropy, introvertedness, antisocial tendencies really pay off when there's an apocalypse. I just keep doing the same thing I've always done.

I'd estimate maybe 900 sq ft of my unfinished basement is dedicated to random gym equipment. Got a decent safety squat rack, terrible set of about 365 lbs of cheap metal weights, along with a bar that will break long before it will bend. Typical all in one thing for tricep pulldown, flys, smith machine stuff. Rogue Ohio bar for deadlifts, 405 lbs of rubber bumper weights (should have got more so my deadlifts aren't part rubber weights, part metal weights), standard deadlift Jack. For cardio I have an elliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike. Then some awkward assortment of dumbells. That's about it.

I was in some of the rogue groups on Facebook for like a week before that got boring. Quite a few guys out there with $35k in home gym equipment, sure they're hamming it up now.

Rants about the stupidest bodyweight workouts you've seen are also welcome. I'm boooooreddd.

I actually live in a communal living situation n we have a fairly decent set up. Smith machine, cable crossover, preacher bench, regular bench, leg extension leg curl, eliptical, tred mill, dumbells from 20 to 50s, dissapointed there. N around 700lbs in cast iron plates. See if i got a picture. Thats my training partner he tries. LolFB_IMG_1585402780707.webp

Looks like you're all set. I wish I had a couple of other things like a glute ham raise, etc.

Thatd def do the job

I had a local welder fabricate one of these for my jeep , last year i decided to go full time as an RVer.. pre covid .. I am getting back into it as last year had some medical issue with my back.. servers its purpose and i get to workout anywhere i park it
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 10.22.05 AM.webp

This is one of the best things I've seen in a while. I just had to buy my dad an RV and they are ridiculously affordable with 15 year financing. I might end up getting one of those setups if I switch to RV living.

How are you liking the RV-ing? Would you recommend one place over another when it comes to weekly rentals? I only know about KOA but I'm sure there must be other big names in addition to the privately owned / small business ones.

This is one of the best things I've seen in a while. I just had to buy my dad an RV and they are ridiculously affordable with 15 year financing. I might end up getting one of those setups if I switch to RV living.

How are you liking the RV-ing? Would you recommend one place over another when it comes to weekly rentals? I only know about KOA but I'm sure there must be other big names in addition to the privately owned / small business ones.
tech123IT's been great, I put on 8000 miles all West cost this year, wee on trek back to TX for the holidays near family. The next year will be hitting the east coast. So much incredible places to see and visit. The best place so far was Glacier National Park. No really a specific place i would recommend so many places out there, depending on what you used to .. there are some high class resorts that are 70 to 80 a night and well as other that go up 100 to 150 a night of course those are in big money exclusive resorts .. We look for the deal and location and map out where we like to go , some places we stay a week others a month as monthly rates are cheaper as well. WE use several app as well and have boon-dock/dry camp in some great places right on a lake or beach. I get some weird looks or thumbs up when i break out the the gym gear and workout with my setup , takes me 5 to 10 min to fully setup and or break down. Some of the great cardio wok-out have been hiking 2 to 4 hrs most of it up hill up to a secluded lake / or waterfall. KOA is good and all over but at times it over prices and sometimes the cater to families , i dont have small kids so not my cup of tea, sometimes we look for farms that host RVer's or find BLM land ( government owned) that you can camp for 14 to 21 days for free. OF course there is no electric or water but there have been some nice places out in the middle of now-where. I am still learning the ins and out of RVing .. but so far has been great.. spending alot of time on youtube is also a great tool as well to scope out a spot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.