Baited

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
I'm planning on joining a Krav Maga gym next month and I'm curious how you guys schedule your lifting along with your classes?
Does it matter if I take a class at night and lift in the morning or vice versa? Looking at their class schedule they have an All Levels class at 7am so I can do that, or I can do the 6 (sometimes 7pm depending on the day) Level 1 class.

Also, did you change your lifting routine to accommodate your classes? Ideally I would like to start going 3 days a week and then up it to 4 or 5. I currently do a 2on/1off spilt at the gym which totals 5 days a week lifting. I like doing this because I like going to the gym, but if I'm doing classes would it be better to do a 3 day split?
Maybe I'm over thinking it...

Its been a bit since I was in the martial arts but my way of looking at it was, train your art first. I would try not to compromise my martial arts training by having lifted too much or worked out too hard before. I didn't want to be so beat up from lifting I couldn't preform to the best of my ability in class. That's the simple rule I followed. It took a bit to figure out a good schedule but with that in mind it worked.

I agree with LT.If you're going into Martial arts,you want to give that 100%.The weight training is secondary to that.It can compliment your martial arts workouts but you want to focus more of you energies into the Krav Maga.

Now with that said,it also depends on your schedule.What time are your classes? If they are later in the day or evening,then the iron may have to come first.You can always schedule your weight training days on days that you are not training in Krav Maga also.

There are those that I teach that do light warm up sessions before class and then hit the iron after class as well.All depends on how you feel brother.Try out different training protocols and see whats works best for YOU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.