I need a new work out routine

Speed Racer

Recruit
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
I hit that no grow zone. In need of a new work out routine. I know google so dont say that. Just seeing whats working. Mon-Sun

I feel you. I actually benefited from non traditional body building exercises. I've need using the athlean x program. I'm doing one when I get back, called the wolverine that's 30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post is low on details. What kind of program you running now?

kingofclowns
Athlean x. He has a YouTube and has a lot of videos that's helpful. He has many programs on his site. I found it extremely helpful adding new ways to train.

Athlean x. He has a YouTube and has a lot of videos that's helpful. He has many programs on his site. I found it extremely helpful adding new ways to train.

Andrew0409Nice, but I was referring more to OP

kingofclowns

I tried one body part one day and upper body one day, mid the next and legs
Tried heavy weight 8-10 reps x4
Tried not so heavy 15-20 for burn x4

Speed Racer
8-10 reps ain't heavy buddy. Heavy is where you can get a minimum of 3 reps and no more then 5 and you gotta be pushing hard. Also add a 5th and maybe even a 6th set get more volume in there.

was all ways 8-10 and heavy weight. this is great to know. thank you
Speed Racer
yep just keep adding plates till your down into the 3-5 rep range if you truly want to lift heavy.

General Rule of Thumb:

1-2 Reps: Neuromuscular strength
3-5 Reps: Strength
5-8 Reps: Strength/Hypertrophy
8-12 Reps: Hypertrophy
12+ Reps: Endurance

That comes with basic google research plus the 2 years I did in exercise sport science and exercise physiology classes. This numbers are not set in stone when you start messing with T.U.T examples like Tempo and Pause Reps etc...

Speed RacerMore volume and more food if you're looking for growth man. Diet plays a massive role here. I don't know you from a hole in the wall but lots of guys underestimate the role diet plays in growth.

If you're currently blasting google 'SwoleTide GVT'. High volume program from a guy on Reddit's steroids sub.

i do a 4 day split based on psh pull

m- chest - shoulders
w - legs - triceps
thur- back and biceps
sat- legs
i sometimes add a friday - chest and shoulders with light weight

I hit that no grow zone. In need of a new work out routine. I know google so dont say that. Just seeing whats working. Mon-Sun
Speed RacerHey Speed. Everything works but nothing works forever. Good plan to change it up a bit.

But you know, for bodybuilding, and I'm not a bodybuilder so take it for what it's worth, a "routine" isn't as complicated as people make it out to be. No matter what routine you do, it's just a variation of the same thing more or less. Chest will almost always have a flat bench of some kind, an incline press of some kind and a flye of some kind. Possibly some dips. Legs will almost always have a squat and/or leg press, lunges, leg curls and/or stiff leg deads. Ive heard that some people train calves too but i wouldnt know anything about that. Anyway, you get the idea.

So it's not the exercises because they're all the same, generally. What you can change is obviously the frequency, intensity and volume. Why not pick two of those and do the opposite of what you're now? If you're a volume kinda guy, try higher intensity for a bit. If you normally train something once a week, train it twice a week. Or three times. Etc. Obviously each of those three components has a correlation with the other two that has to be kept in mind...you can't have high freq, high intensity and high volume at the same time (well, you can but not for long).

I'm pretty much babbling at this point and I'm still not sure this will come across as I mean it so in short, change up frequency, volume, intensity. For more variety, order of exercises and even exercises. DB bench instead of bb, etc. Simple

Damn, that's more than I'll say in a month in one post.

I know a lot guys will be critical, but this is what works for me. Since I'm getting deeper into my 40's this has really helped

Day 1 Chest 3-4 exercises 6-8 sets, reps 12-15
Day 2 Back 4-6 exercises 6-8 sets, reps 12-15
Day 3 Quads/Hams. 3 exercises for both 6-8 sets, reps 12-15. At least one set of 25-35 reps
Day 4 Shoulders/Traps Shoulders 3 exercises 6-8 reps 15-20 reps and traps 2 exercises reps 10-15
Day 5 Bi's/Tri's 4 exercises each 15-20 reps
Day 6 Abs, forearms, calves. 3 exercises each reps 20-30

Some guys will say its under training but thats a personal thing. When I was in my 20's and early to mid 30's yes it was. In my 40's its perfect. I'm still making changes to my body so it works for me. Two years ago I was 305lbs. Now about 270 and my waist is 2 sizes smaller.

If you want my younger day workouts let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.