Increased diabetes risk

This is referring to [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]corticosteroids[/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] However there is a link to diabetes in steroid use and extreme bobybuilding diets. I am living proof. [/font]

RockShawn said:
This is referring to [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]corticosteroids[/font] [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] However there is a link to diabetes in steroid use and extreme bobybuilding diets. I am living proof. [/font]
RockShawn yes but diabetes and other meds listed conserns to bb community

This will sound controversial, But I am in favor of insulin use in competitors prepping. That's where all my shit went wrong. Doing a 2000g carb load without exogenous Insulin is more dangerous to your overall health than anything else we do as BB'ers

zero diabetes risk with low to no carb diets. but we sadly live in a bbing age where mega slin and carb diets are the norm and therefore most pro's are type 2 diabeteis with fried pancreas. steroids have zero to do with diabetes, its all carbs

drakonrep date=1480611528 said:
zero diabetes risk with low to no carb diets. but we sadly live in a bbing age where mega slin and carb diets are the norm and therefore most pro's are type 2 diabeteis with fried pancreas. steroids have zero to do with diabetes, its all carbs
drakonrep date=1480611528But they can recover from type 2, right. I did. Was hyperglycemic after my last show. Prep included multiple Sunday "load" days after a week of very low carbs. Loads typically involved 1500-2000g of carbs. Then pre show after being 0 carbs for 10 days, I Loaded non-stop till stage. Looked freaking amazing but post show had waking BG of 320mg/dL. It took 9 months to start to feel normal again and I had to use insulin if I had any carbs or else I would go hyper. I'm better now. Waking is still 105-110 but my post meal is staying down below 140mg/dL
No I don't think steroids directly influenced my condition, however, I am interested to know what role higher IGF levels play in diabetes. On Gear, IGF levels are elevated and wondering if there is a reverse feedback loop that is detrimental to insulin production.

RockShawn date=1480613540 said:
But they can recover from type 2, right. I did. Was hyperglycemic after my last show. Prep included multiple Sunday "load" days after a week of very low carbs. Loads typically involved 1500-2000g of carbs. Then pre show after being 0 carbs for 10 days, I Loaded non-stop till stage. Looked freaking amazing but post show had waking BG of 320mg/dL. It took 9 months to start to feel normal again and I had to use insulin if I had any carbs or else I would go hyper. I'm better now. Waking is still 105-110 but my post meal is staying down below 140mg/dL
No I don't think steroids directly influenced my condition, however, I am interested to know what role higher IGF levels play in diabetes. On Gear, IGF levels are elevated and wondering if there is a reverse feedback loop that is detrimental to insulin production.
RockShawn date=1480613540yes type 2 diabetes is very very reversable. cutting out carbs, moving more, more fibers etc etc but very doable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.