Interesting study that came out recently: training *and* testosterone......

F.I.S.T.

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Interesting study that came out recently: training *and* testosterone not as important for body comp as previously thought. GH a lot more important, and GH interactions even more than that.

Pubmed abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27879256?platform=hootsuite

But you can scihub the full study, so fuck that here's the PDF: factorsofbodycomp

The findings summarized by the authors are:

Lean body mass is ∼10 kg greater in men than women and this is sufficient to account for the differences in world records between the sexes.

Lean body mass like stature is largely determined genetically.

Growth hormone works with sex steroids to determine and maintain body composition.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport made a fair decision when they suspended the IAAF/IOC ‘hyperandrogenism’ ruling.

Menno Henselmans of Bayesian Bodybuilding summarized this as "women's lower testosterone levels are not associated with reduced muscular potential".

I've been saying for a while that testosterone itself is not the sole thing PED users should be concerned with and more attention should be paid to how testosterone affects GH/IGF, and I think this adds some backing to that. This is especially evident when you read summaries of other studies on IGF and its splice variants such as this one by Suppversity.

Here is a chart where the study authors weight the factors involved in all of this. "Inheritance" is a substitute for what we'd call "genetics".

The largest factor is genetics independent of all else. But the second largest factor, much larger than GH and steroids combined, is genetics related to GH in some way. (And I'd add GH-related hormones like IGF-1, MGF, and so on.)

I am reluctant to draw conclusions from this, but I think it's probably a good idea to pay more attention to peptides than previously if your focus has been largely on exogenous androgens.

I don't agree with the main point here. It says that women's lower testosterone levels don't aren't associated with reduced muscular potential. That's just ridiculous. I personally have been putting my money towards HGH and peptides for health reasons. I don't get anywhere near the size I get from AAS but I like the look and don't have to worry about the negative side effects associated with them.

Thaistick date=1489373975 said:
I don't agree with the main point here. It says that women's lower testosterone levels don't aren't associated with reduced muscular potential. That's just ridiculous. I personally have been putting my money towards HGH and peptides for health reasons. I don't get anywhere near the size I get from AAS but I like the look and don't have to worry about the negative side effects associated with them.
Thaistick date=1489373975Im confused at your reply.You say you dont agree that a womans lower test levels arent associated with reduced muscle but than you say that you have gotten better results by using HGH and peptides.

So where do you disagree?Just trying to understand better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Back