Internet connection speeds

Daredevil

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
Are any of y'all getting the connection download & upload speed your promised via your internet provider? Mine says 200 mbps download & 20 mbps upload. I'm barely getting 20/18.

Just curious. I feel internet companies are very deceiving.

well cable is shared bandwidth and in most cases you'd never get those speeds anyways.

servers can't even deliver those speeds in most all cases, even if hooked to a gigabit ethernet card

Daredevil date=1479793331 said:
Are any of y'all getting the connection download & upload speed your promised via your internet provider? Mine says 200 mbps download & 20 mbps upload. I'm barely getting 20/18.

Just curious. I feel internet companies are very deceiving.
Daredevil date=1479793331that's a sweet set up if it works, I get more than promised on my cable line 30 down / 5 up . its the fastest i can get without going into a business package

I nvr checked mine but as u probably know you can check it online easily.
Mine seems to be fine so I dont bother calling. Those cable companies are out to get everyone one way or another.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I get a 96Mbps download speed and 18.16 upload at home. Slow speeds are a combination of how many homes you share with and what condition your lines are in. Two months ago our speeds were a third of what they are now, but a storm knocked out our main line. Once they replaced it our speeds jumped.

One other thing... Buy your own modem and router, and do not EVER let your cable company have access to them. I tell them what model I have, but not the serial number or any other information. I just say the print is too small for me to read. If they have that information they can access your device and throttle it down. They do this!!! They will lie to you and say they can't set it up on their end without that information, but it is not true. As long as they have the name and model they are good to go.

T-Bar that's some good knowledge to learn, I never knew that. I'm nowhere near getting throttled with the usage I have, unless they are throttling me for no reason. If I come to that point whereas I exceed my usage I will definitely do that bro. Thanks

Daredevil date=1479833811 said:
T-Bar that's some good knowledge to learn, I never knew that. I'm nowhere near getting throttled with the usage I have, unless they are throttling me for no reason. If I come to that point whereas I exceed my usage I will definitely do that bro. Thanks
Daredevil date=1479833811That's what I thought too, until I replaced my equipment. I was getting great speeds, but then called my cable company to make sure i wasn't being billed for my equipment I owned. They took all my new information and then suddenly I was crawling slow again. I called the manufacturer who told me exactly what those assholes were doing. So I packed up all my equipment and brought it back to the store. Then came back with a new modem and router. Same brand, just different serial numbers. Hooked them up and sure enough I was back up running way higher speeds again.

I'm on cox cable and I'm getting 118 down on avg and 22up on avg. my speeds are fast. They are pricey though. Paying 160$ for internet and basic hd cable with one main box and 3 mini boxes.. Fuckers highway robbery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-bar said:
That's what I thought too, until I replaced my equipment. I was getting great speeds, but then called my cable company to make sure i wasn't being billed for my equipment I owned. They took all my new information and then suddenly I was crawling slow again. I called the manufacturer who told me exactly what those assholes were doing. So I packed up all my equipment and brought it back to the store. Then came back with a new modem and router. Same brand, just different serial numbers. Hooked them up and sure enough I was back up running way higher speeds again.
T-bar
Hmmm that's odd. I replaced my cable modem with exact brand and model when it went out but it would NOT communicate with my ISP until I called and had them update the MAC address. Thought they needed the Mac to sync and talk properly for optimum speeds. My speeds are fast but I'll keep that in mind if they ever slow down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.