iodine

rboy101

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Auction Sniper
EG Freak
Mutated
EG Cash
What's up bros. I've been researching a lot lately on the mineral iodine and reading about people supplementing with it. It's supposed to promote good thyroid production and even boost libido. Any of you have any experience with this?

i supplement with iodine... noticed nothing real dramatic... just knew most people are a little deficient nowadays

i put three drop in my morning shakes sometimes, supposed to be good for thyroid , lugol's iodine

dont over do it

Absolutely necessary for so many different functions of the human body I can't go into it right now because I don't have the attention span but pure nascent iodine is a must-have couple weeks into it you most likely will go into detox and you'll feel like shit but that's normal

Lot of restaurants use sea salt. .Himalayan salt..etc. with no iodine... Unless you salt your food with iodine fortified salt regularly you could be short.. and grim is right .. it can be over done.. use body temp when on a maintenance diet to judge roughly

Ctstrength said:
Why supplement with iodine when almost all of the table salt in this country is iodized?
Ctstrength
It's different type of iodine it's absolute garbage. The history of iodine and it uses are very interesting

its actually various salts from iodine, many supplements use the same exact stuff, many areas dont even need iodine as its naturally occurring in high enough doses in food.

grim said:
its actually various salts from iodine, many supplements use the same exact stuff, many areas dont even need iodine as its naturally occurring in high enough doses in food.
grim
After my nap I'll provide you with my scientific medical research showing that it's not.

Hogslayer said:
After my nap I'll provide you with my scientific medical research showing that it's not.
Hogslayeralot of supplements list the exact same sources of iodine 'not all'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodised_salt

Iodised salt (also spelled iodized salt) is table salt mixed with a minute amount of various salts of the element iodine. The ingestion of iodine prevents iodine deficiency. Worldwide, iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of intellectual and developmental disabilities.[1][2] Deficiency also causes thyroid gland problems, including "endemic goitre". In many countries, iodine deficiency is a major public health problem that can be cheaply addressed by purposely adding small amounts of iodine to the sodium chloride salt.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/06/why-iodine-is-added-to-salt/

Iodine first began being added to salt commercially in the United States in 1924 by the Morton Salt Company at the request of the government. This was done as a response to the fact that there were certain regions in the U.S., such as around the Great Lakes and in the Pacific Northwest, where people weren’t getting enough iodine in their diets due to it not being prevalent in the soil in those regions. Among other problems, this caused many people to develop goiters (swelling of the thyroid gland, also sometimes spelled “goitre”).

About 90% of people who develop a goiter do so because of a lack of iodine in their diets, so the simple solution was to add iodine to something pretty much everyone consumes fairly regularly, namely salt. This practiced was not thought up by the U.S., but was copied from the Swiss who were adding iodine to salt at this time for the same reason. This resulted in researchers at the University of Michigan testing this practice out with good results and subsequently Morton Salt Company adopting the practice on a national level.

This ultimately didn’t cost Morton and the other salt companies that followed suit much money, only a few cents per person per year in iodine, but drastically cut the number of people who developed goiters in the United States and beyond as the practice gradually became adopted throughout much of the developed world.

There are different forms of iodine. Iodized salt does in fact carry trace amounts

United States[edit]
In the U.S. in the early 20th century, goitre was especially prevalent in the region around the Great Lakes and the Pacific Northwest.[14] David Murray Cowie, a professor of paediatrics at the University of Michigan, led the U.S. to adopt the Swiss practice of adding sodium iodide or potassium iodide to table and cooking salt. On May 1, 1924, iodised salt was sold commercially in Michigan.[15] By the fall of 1924, Morton Salt Company began distributing iodised salt nationally. There was a gradual increase in average intelligence of 1 standard deviation, 15 points, in iodine-deficient areas and 3.5 points nationally.[16]

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-Potassium-Iodide-150-mcg-100-Tablets/42445?CAWELAID=120224250000016750&gclid=CIKy3P--zcsCFQYuaQodV90FEg

one such product containing potassium iodine a salt commonly added to table salt..

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-triple-iodine-complex-12-5-mg-60-veg-caps?SourceCode=INTL405G&CAWELAID=1839100272&catargetid=530002460000101887&cadevice=c&mkwid=n053DPON&pcrid=80480685127&gclid=CKTkv6i_zcsCFQmqaQodY3QFsA

sodium and potassium iodine along with natural molecular from kelp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.