Is Protonmail unsafe now?

A

Anonymous (3c95)

I just saw that Protonmail updated their terms of use to now include possibly logging ip addresses in compliance with Swiss law, at the demands of the Swiss government.
What are your thoughts?

use a vpn should be anyways

Never had any problem with it. Make sure to use a VPN on top of Tor. Then it won't matter. Of course make sure your password is secure. The longer and more complicated the better. Of course people could always switch email providers.

hacked is usually from phishing or leaked pass, can happen anywhere
protonmail itself never hacked as far as i know

hacked is usually from phishing or leaked pass, can happen anywhere
protonmail itself never hacked as far as i know
GRIMThat's why never click any links inside those phishing emails. I would check with whoever supposedly sent it to be sure it's legitimate. Many sources' emails get hacked then the scammer sends official looking emails out to the contact list hoping to snag more accounts or scam people.

I have found protonmail to be solid thus far.
I 100% agree with Grim most hacks have been on the USER end, leaked password or phishing scam.
Use a VPN, solid unique password and use 2FA ( two factor Authentication).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.