Jason huh on calf training

EG News

Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Jason Huh roared onto the bodybuilding scene in 2004, winning the NPC Teenage Nationals as a light-heavyweight and earning a FLEX article. Six years later, when he’d transformed himself into a 256-pound super-heavyweight (at 5'9"), he overpowered the eld at the 2010 USA Championships and hauled home the heaviest hardware. (With 2007 Team Universe champ Chris Faildo, he is one of two Asian-Americans to win an NPC pro qualifier.) The Korean-born Floridian competed in only four pro shows, the last in 2013, but his never having made a pro posedown has everything to do with a lack of high-def detailing and nothing to do with a scarcity of muscle. He always had enough mass to make you scratch your head and wonder, “Huh?” The answer was heavy weights, maximum intensity, and great DNA—his father was a Korean bodybuilding champ.

FLEX FACT

His younger brother, Paul, is an NPC classic physique champion.

acdn_ami_drupal.heartyhosting.com_sites_flexonline.com_files_s1cab80cc6717f529e6d61be162767fbf.webp
Pavel Ythjall

HUH ON CALF TRAINING

• “Most people under-train calves. If you want big calves, train them with the same volume and intensity as you do your arms.”
  • “My last four sets of seated calf raises are dropsets.”
  • “I don’t believe in really high reps for calves. I use the same rep range for calves as I do for other body parts.”

HUH'S CALF ROUTINE

• Seated Calf Raise | SETS: 8 | REPS: 10-14
  • Standing Calf Raise | SETS: 5 | REPS: 10-14
  • Calf Press | SETS: 5 | REPS: 10-14

FLEX

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.