Judo

S

Shasta

Anyone here ever practice Judo? Im about to join a club. It goes hand and hand with Jiu Jitsu

I have a little judo experience...it is essential to grappling!! U can throw an opponent from almost any standing clinched position...I think u will find it quite useful

Thank you. I know what all of the basic throws, trips and hip tosses are because they go into small detail in the jiujitsu, but i emphasize small. I need to be technical because i am not confident with take downs except for MAYBE an osoto gari

Well as far as the hip movements and takedowns, im lost and definately owned. But once its on the ground.......................... I feel like such an ass.

My Grips hurt, My hips hurt, actually I feel like judo is a better strength and technique workout. Jiu jitsu is more endurance and technique workout. I say this because I am sore as hell from the judo, but it was easy for me on the ground. I learned all of the pulling and pushing involved in the standing is way more comprehensive.

awesome. it will just take some time and before you know it it will start to gel for you. i started boxing last year and it really made me feel dumb because i was so used to street fighting and they are nothing alike. keep your head up and keep going strong... you'll be fine

I'm just a little worried about your obsession with rolling on the ground with nearly naked men on top of you.

Wabbs its motivation to choke someone or break an arm lmfao! Vic, I roll with heavier people in bjj, its actually more comfortable for me because I have to rely on technique

Wabbitt said:
I'm just a little worried about your obsession with rolling on the ground with nearly naked men on top of you.
Wabbitt
That's why I'm a striker (haha), Judo was the 1st Art I practiced, and gives incredible balance.

See I hear that alot, but when I end up on the ground with strikers, unless they know some form of grappling, just totally get lost in the sauce. Even judo guys on the ground, they are horribly lost in the sauce.

Wabbitt said:
Wabbitt
That is in fact a cucumber in my pocket, I'm not just happy to see you.

only thing I have done outside of wrestling was crav and kali.. and some other shit shasta knows what I am talking about lol.... I have a good buddy who just got I think it is either purple or brown belt in judo.. He loves it always tries to get me to do it with him..

Shasta said:
See I hear that alot, but when I end up on the ground with strikers, unless they know some form of grappling, just totally get lost in the sauce. Even judo guys on the ground, they are horribly lost in the sauce.
Shastawhat kinda sauce you rolling in :/

You know what it is Grim, steaming hot man gravy, just like the stuff you bathe in after your workouts 8)

Odin, its hard to find a legitimate Krav instructor. Its funny at the judo the guys are fascinated with the detail that I can get into on the ground. But it goes both ways, My instructor was showing me several different ways to throw trip toss all af that stuff and then went into an hour long discussion about how to do it and told me that I still wont understand it for months. All though it is very similar, I feel like I did when I started Jiu Jitsu. Dont know shit. lol. Just how to pull guard and a very sloppy outside trip. I do know some wrestling.

Shasta said:
Shasta
Well, just try to get a proficent Judo player on the ground. Good luck. Just sayin'.

Lol in every tournament I've been in I know almost instantly if Im rolling w a good judo guy. They will try to throw immediately. I like to scramble so I don't really care but they will get a point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.