Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Jump Squats For Explosive Testosterone Boost
Posted by: Iron Man Magazine

Adding a power move to the end of a leg workout is great way to boost testosterone concentrations in an effort to improve muscle size. Sports scientists at AUT University in New Zealand put a group of athletes through several different squat protocols and then measured the post-workout testosterone levels of their saliva. They found that a combination of low-rep heavy-load squats (three-rep max) followed by three sets of three explosive jump squats, using 50 percent of their one-rep maximum, provided the greatest enhancement in the anabolic hormones that lead to muscle gain. Adding power exercises (explosive movements in which the load is moved quickly) is also a great way to stimulate type II muscle fibers, which have high potential for growth.

I REGULARLY incorporate jumping squats into my leg workouts as you can see by my log.I love them in fact.Fantastic was to workout the entire leg while getting in a fantastic cardio workout as well.

We used to call them leap frogs. They are fucking tough. Talk about pumped thighs especially when you go deep. Fuck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.