Lets talk about Hydration

J

JM750

Ok, so we all know as bodybuilders that we should be at least taking in a gallon of water per day. But here is my question.
It really gets old drinking plain water like that all the time. Trust me, there are times when it is good tho.
So I have been buying the Gatorade powder sticks, and the buckets as well at walmart.

I don't mix a lot of the powder in, cause I don't like it sweet. Just enough to give it a lil flavor.
So my question is, is this ok to do? Or does it strictly have to be plain water with nothing in it to get benefit?

Personally think it's fine

I don't see no harm in that. I buy those big tubs from Walmart too. I only put 2 scoop in. I usually bring 2 gallons of water and 2 gallons of the gatorade mix to work with me. Surprisingly, there was a couple times I ran out!
U could put a lil lemon juice in to mix it up too.

I use crystal light lemonade packets. Can't stand plain water but I know how important it is. Like you said, just a little flavor.

you can also try the crystal light from walmart they have many different flavors, great taste

You are fine. Adding flavor won't hurt at all. Just watch the sugar content

I drink the fuck outta plain water but occasionally have some powder gatorade in the evening. Gotta be careful bc it has lots of sodium as well as sugar but I dont care but my wife says its bad lol

From safety classes ive taken for work it is advised to drink 1 gatoraide or other electrolyte drink for every 3 waters u drink....u CAN drink to much plane water. This protocol is especially important in hot areas and climates where working hard and sweating are gonna be issue.
Try mio or other liquid water flavoring aids. They taste good and no calories.

You are totally fine, it's the water that just that has stuff added, it's still water. The issue would be the extra intake of sugar, salt which retains water, etc... remember food has water in it to, fruits, vegetables, meat so you get water from those as well, not terribly a lot but it's there.

I drink tea sometimes instead to break up the manotany. No calories and a ton of different flavors, plus it can help depending on the tea. Green tea ramps fat burning. There are antioxidant properties in tea, flavanoids, etc...

Akhusker said:
You are totally fine, it's the water that just that has stuff added, it's still water. The issue would be the extra intake of sugar, salt which retains water, etc... remember food has water in it to, fruits, vegetables, meat so you get water from those as well, not terribly a lot but it's there.

I drink tea sometimes instead to break up the manotany. No calories and a ton of different flavors, plus it can help depending on the tea. Green tea ramps fat burning. There are antioxidant properties in tea, flavanoids, etc...
AkhuskerBump

The Mio or crystal light little squirting bottles are great to have. And no sugars even better.

i only really concern myself with all water when i'm really cutting calories , .... most times i drink tea, gatorade and water...etc... sometimes i can use the extra cals from gatorade or tea

Great, thx for the replies. I'm feeling a lil better now. I was putting fresh lemon and limes in as well. I'll have to try the crystal light. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.