Let's talk nutrient timing!

RockShawn

DEDICATION AND DESIRE
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
How critical is it to have your macros for a meal all at the same time?

Let's say you eat your fist meal and its 8 egg whites and 1 scoop of whey and some fruit and then 1/2hr later you realize you forgot your coconut oil which you take separately. Are your meals completely effed up if you don't have all the macros at the same time? Is 1hr later too late? do you just forget it at that point and get them in the next meal?

Or is there a grazing type approach that is OK where the body still gets the nutrients it needs but just at different intervals?

I know insulin sensitivity can be an issue if eating the wrong combinations of macros together, but what is the time period where it's ok that your protein went down well after the baked sweet potato?

I don't see it really being detrimental at fairly close eating intervals. For instance, my job allows me to eat constantly. So other than my main meals, I eat every hour. Generally a protein source, then the next hour may be primarily a carb source. Everything else goes in with my big meals, but if I forget I just throw it in on the next snack. If you are going 4 hours between meals, it might be an issue though.

I think the main timing that is important is: 1)eating fast protein(whey) and fast carbs immediately after your workout,
and eating again within 2hrs of that workout,
2)eating immediately upon raising out of bed
3)slower protein, slower carb, low or no fat at bedtime
Beyond these, I'm not really sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.