lifting???

ODINSBLOOD

YUP YUP
Jacked Immortal
Mutated
EG Cash
SO I have noticed that when I lift and I put my head back chin not tucked I am weaker than if I tuck my chin in.. Is this some type of mental thing I have conditioned myself into?? Or is there some type of physiological reason for this???

What kind of lift are you talking about? Pulling or pushing lifts?

You need to train yourself to lift your chin up. You cant breath with your chin tucked. It is probably the way you have conditiond yourself for whatever reason. Do you tuck you chin when you run?? You will be stronger once you learn how to lift with your head up. It is essential to look up during a squat and deadlift. Even bench I look for a place on the ceiling to push to a target and I keep my head up always.

Heavy hitter said:
You need to train yourself to lift your chin up. You cant breath with your chin tucked. It is probably the way you have conditiond yourself for whatever reason. Do you tuck you chin when you run?? You will be stronger once you learn how to lift with your head up. It is essential to look up during a squat and deadlift. Even bench I look for a place on the ceiling to push to a target and I keep my head up always.
Heavy hitter
squat and dead lift I keep my head forward. But everything else I have come to notice only because I seen some shit and I cant find it now about strength chin up vs chin down. When I did run I ran with my head up..

I am going to work on keeping the back of my head on the bench and slightly tilted back for pushing lifts and trying to look up while doing lifts like rows and what not..

Its probably more in your head than anything. You tuck your chin and you feel more secure and stable and your core feels more solid.

DGAF said:
Its probably more in your head than anything. You tuck your chin and you feel more secure and stable and your core feels more solid.
DGAF
That is exactly how I feel... But I was watching phil heath talk about it.. and he was saying you will actually make better gains if one does not do this..

I also think it is directly related to my chosen profession. I am going to seriously work on this and see if it does in fact make a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.