Iron Killer
Jacked Immortal
EG Freak
Mutated
Board Donator
Fully Loaded
EG Cash
Make Those Stubborn Calves Grow!

Here's a great workout to get those calves pumped up quickly.Great for pumps in the calves!Give a shot.

Ankle Circles: 2 sets of 20 reps per leg (see note 1)
Seated Calf Raise: 4 sets of 20 reps
Calf Press On Leg Press: 'The Burn' method for 55 reps (see note 2)
Ankle Circles: 2 sets of 20 reps per leg

Note 1--

Ankle Circle

Hold yourself up against a sturdy object like a squat rack or a Smith machine.

Lift the right leg in the air a couple of inches off the floor and perform a circular motion with the big toe. Pretend that you are drawing a big circle with it. One circle is one rep. Breathe normally as you perform the movement. When you are done with the right foot, repeat with the left leg. You are going to do 2 sets of 20 reps with each leg.

Note 2---

"The Burn"

This is the most intense part of the workout. You are going to do what is called "The Burn". Go with a light weight for this.

10 reps with 10 seconds rest.
9 reps with 9 seconds of rest.
8 reps with 8 seconds rest.
7 reps with 7 seconds rest.
6 reps with 6 seconds rest.
5 reps with 5 seconds rest.
4 reps with 4 seconds rest.
3 reps with 3 seconds rest.
2 reps with 2 seconds rest.
1 rep.

This is going to be 55 total reps. It is going to burn like crazy. Once you are done with this, get to stretching the calves out so they don't cramp. After a couple of minutes, repeat the ankle circles you did earlier for 2 more sets of 20 reps per leg and you are done. If you feel the weight you did was too light, make a note and go heavier next time.

I know this seems like too much work on such a small muscle group, but think about this. Your legs are the most used muscles in your body. As much as you stand, walk, run, and jump your legs are used to doing a lot of work. You have to hit them intensely to get them to grow.

im lucky ive always had good calves, even my dead side one that dont work is better than most

Always love trying a new calf lift.

I like Doing what Ben Pak does:

Standing Calf Machine: 10 sets x 10 reps, slowly lower all the way down for big stretch then explode up and pause for a second at top that's one rep. You do bat for 10 reps, hope off and for 15 seconds do calf raises on the floor (heel barely touching ground then powering up). Then back on an 10 sets of that.

First time I did this I was sore for 7 days. Not even joking haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.